6

Beck stopped his car in front of a grassy patch, families and couples on picnic blankets were scattered around, and in front of them stood a gigantic screen with I could only assume would be used to project the movie onto it.

"We're here." he announced.

"Yeah no shit Sherlock." I said, looking at the place in awe.

"It's a nice change, not arguing with Jade all the time now." he said, smiling.

  Uh oh. He was supposed to miss Jade. Why was he acting like he didn't even want her? This wasn't right.

"Don't you miss Jade?" I asked, crossing my fingers, hoping he would say yes.

"I mean, yeah I do," he said, which made me cheer internally,"but don't get me wrong, I don't like the fact that we constantly argue."

I felt as though he stabbed Jade for me. Jade broke up with him, because I was here in the mix. I tried to be happy, but all I could think about was that.

"I'm gonna go set down the picnic blankets over," he paused, his eyes scanning the surroundings for a spot,"there." He pointed toward at empty spot that wasn't too far away.

"You okay with that?" he asked with a smirk,"Mademoiselle?"

"Of course," I grinned,"Monsieur."

As we walked over to the patch of grass, I accidentally bumped into someone. I was about to tell them to get out of the way, when I recognized the face.

"Klaus Summers! Is that really you?" I asked. I forgot that Klaus moved to Hollywood.

"Ava Paige. Seems like fate meant for us to meet again." he said, a genuine smile on his face.

  Beck had already set up the picnic blanket and came over to check what was going on. When I saw him coming over, I forced Klaus to come over so that I could introduce him.

"Beck, meet Klaus, my ex." I introduced to him. Klaus waved awkwardly at him, not knowing what to do.

"Klaus, meet Beck, my friend which I am hanging out right now, which this is not a date." I emphasized. Beck stuck out his hand for Klaus to shake, which Klaus took.

"Wow. You've got a firm grip." Beck said, a smile on his face.

"Thanks. You too." Klaus said, complementing him.

  After Klaus and I exchanged contacts, Beck and I sat down at our picnic blanket.

"What are we watching, by the way?" I asked Beck.

"I don't know. It's a horror movie though." he said. If he was expecting a reaction out of me, I wasn't going to give it to him. Au contraire, I liked horror films.

"Cool. How'd you know I liked them." I asked, with a smile on my face.

"I didn't. I just chose what I liked." he joked. I playfully elbowed him in the ribs.

"Hey!" I chuckled.

  Creepy music started playing, signaling the start of the movie, causing us to shut up.

"Friga, you're going to die." the doctor said, holding his syringe in a way that you would hold when you're trying to stab someone.

  I started to laugh, because it was actually quite funny. Beck also chuckled a bit.

"I thought this was a horror movie." I whispered into Beck's ear.

"It is. We just have a horrible sense of humor." he smirked.

  I gasped as though I was shocked. I flicked his forehead.