January Book of the Month

Happy New Year, everyone! This BotM is due on January 31st, 2022 by 5pm ET. You may ask for a 2-day extension before this date. Yes, there is a six day overlap of this BotM and the December BotM, since we announced that one late.

Please read the January BotM before the due date (1/31). If you were a member (not a seedling) in Bloom 40 you are required to read the BotM. Failure to do so will result in a strike.

-

How to be the next BotM?

The BotM is determined by the past three blooms (Blooms 37, 38, 39) and the previous BotM (in this case, the December BotM for everyone who completed it by January 1st). The previous BotM is the most important and, ultimately, what we look at when deciding the next Reviewer of the Month to have their book featured. Your comments must meet our standard requirements and provide adequate feedback to the writer. Remember, only one can be the BotM, so try to make your feedback stand out.

For this past month in particular, many of you missed out by not going into your constructive criticism much. If it's a good chapter why is it good? Focus less on summarizing the chapter and more on what the writer did well/can improve. That's how you'll become the next BotM. I will say though that there were some strong contenders for this one, and just because this isn't your month doesn't mean you did poorly.

Example:

Bloom #1 (10% of the point consideration)

Bloom #2 (10% of the point consideration)

Bloom #3 (10% of the point consideration)

Previous BotM (70% of the point consideration)

-

🌻BotM Winner🌻

Without further ado, please give a big round of applause to chaoticacataemia_ for being our January Book of the Month winner! Your book:

sinners & strings

Is the winner for January

Is the winner for January. Your comments were the most helpful and detailed over the past month. Please PM SunflowerCommunity to claim your January BotM sticker and banner.

-

Everyone Else

You must read 2 chapters of "sinners & strings" and leave the proper amount of feedback and comments. The requirements are the same as our standard bloom requirements. Please complete this by January 31st, 2022 and comment "Done" below or you will receive a strike.

You may ask for a 2-day extension if needed, but you must ask before it is due. If you were a member in Bloom 40 this applies to you, otherwise, you do not have to read the BotM for January.

-

**Please do not automatically read the Book of the Month. ONLY those in Bloom 40 are required to read the BotM for January**