March Book of the Month

Woohoo, finally did the BotM on time! This BotM will be due on April 1st, 2022 by 5pm ET. You may ask for a 2-day extension before this date, but for full consideration for the April BotM, you do need to complete this one in time.

Please read the March BotM before the due date (4/1). If you were a member (not a seedling) in Bloom 49 you are required to read the BotM. We did forget to say this in the top of that bloom, for which we apologize, but it is definitely bloom 49. Failure to do so will result in a strike. 

-

How to be the next BotM?

The BotM is determined by the past four blooms (Blooms 45, 46, 47, 48) and the previous BotM (in this case, the February BotM for everyone who completed it before March 1st). The previous BotM is the most important and, ultimately, what we look at when deciding the next Reviewer of the Month to have their book featured. Your comments must meet our standard requirements and provide adequate feedback to the writer. Remember, only one can be the BotM, so try to make your feedback stand out.

For this past month in particular, many of you said the same thing, and mostly about grammar. We understand it's hard not to repeat what others have said, but we do ask in the future that you try to say something more original and avoid talking about grammar in your final comments (but inline comments are great for grammar!). We looked more to the people who elaborated on things other than grammar for this BotM, so keep that in mind for the future.

Example:

Bloom #1 (10% of the point consideration)

Bloom #2 (10% of the point consideration)

Bloom #3 (10% of the point consideration)

Bloom #4 (10% of the point consideration)

Previous BotM (60% of the point consideration)

-

🌻BotM Winner🌻

Without further ado, please give a big round of applause to ethan_ember for being our March Book of the Month winner! Your book:

The Alastair Files

Is the winner for March

Is the winner for March. Your comments were the most helpful and detailed over the past month. Please PM to claim your March BotM sticker and banner.

-

Everyone Else

You must read 2 chapters of "The Alastair Files" and leave the proper amount of feedback and comments. The requirements are the same as our standard bloom requirements. Please complete this by April 1st, 2022 and comment "Done" below or you will receive a strike.

You may ask for a 2-day extension if needed, but you must ask before it is due. If you were a member in Bloom 49 this applies to you, otherwise, you do not have to read the BotM for March.

-

**Please do not automatically read the Book of the Month. ONLY those in Bloom 49 are required to read the BotM for March**