Roundup: January 2022

Current status and updates for all my active projects, both on and offline. For quick synopses of each of these books, check out my Wattpad info doc: it's linked in my profile bio and in the intro chapter of this book.

Song of the Deep: Sitting at 120k of an estimated 200k words, this one's more than halfway written! It is currently posting well behind that, with a chapter buffer that runs until the end of June

Song of the Deep: Sitting at 120k of an estimated 200k words, this one's more than halfway written! It is currently posting well behind that, with a chapter buffer that runs until the end of June. I normally never post books until they're fully written and edited, but that's obviously difficult with a series, so this one's a bit of a rarity. The good news is that it writes very fast when I sit down and sprint-write it, which I love to do. While it's currently on hold (writing-wise) thanks to As the Crow Falls below, it should be done by mid-summer (well before its end-posting date in late 2022) at which point I will move straight into the third and final book, Water Will Rise. Weekly updates will continue until the end of the trilogy.

Can You Cook a Dragon (Flash Fiction Collection): I last updated this book during a flash-fic challenge I set myself in November, but had to cut short when school took over my life. It is currently quiet, but not dead; just sleeping. I love flash fiction in all three of the capacities I use it for: writing bonus scenes for my posted books, exploratory ones for future books, and general brain-dumps when I'm feeling creative. I'm slowly discovering that month-long challenges work best for my motivation on this, though, so this book will remain mostly quiet until I pick up another one of those. All previous promises remain—they might just take a bit longer than anticipated!

As the Crow Falls: Some of you might have seen this title in my book queue or flash fiction collection, where it's been lurking for most of a year

As the Crow Falls: Some of you might have seen this title in my book queue or flash fiction collection, where it's been lurking for most of a year. Unless you're on Discord with me, though, you probably haven't heard the news... this book ate my brain in mid-December, at which point I decided to try to sprint-write it—start to finish—between late December and the end of January. I started on December 19th. I am already a third of the way through (28/80k), and on track to meet or beat my goal. Am I crazy? Yes. Am I having fun? You bet. Does this mean there will be a brand-new, standalone novel coming to my profile between March and late May? Stay tuned!