Roundup: May 2023

Current status and updates for all my active projects, both on and offline. For quick synopses of each of these books, check out my Wattpad info doc: it's linked in my profile bio and in the intro chapter of this book.

 For quick synopses of each of these books, check out my Wattpad info doc: it's linked in my profile bio and in the intro chapter of this book

The Book of Miranda: Posting weekly-ish on (mostly) Mondays. I started this book for Wattpad's 2023 Open Novella Contest, only to have it lose its novella status before I even started writing. I posted it anyway to catch the hype as Red Rover wrapped up, and am now playing tag with my outline as I plot and write simultaneously. I'd say I do not recommend this state of events, but I'm enjoying myself immensely!

City of Coral: Posting weekly as per usual, albeit with breaks because I've been treading water this spring and still have no buffer. This book recently threw its own outline out the window, and I'm not actually complaining (the new trajectory is way better than the original plan), but it does take me a hot second to recalibrate after such things 😆

As the Crow Falls: Marked complete since the last time I posted here

Deepwater Blue: Started, sprinted, and marked complete since the last time I posted here

Red Rover: Marked complete since the last time I posted here

Can You Cook a Dragon (Flash Fiction Collection): On hold, but on track to be revived in the form of a Patreon...

Rocks Can Dance: Nothing to report

Rocks Can Dance: Nothing to report. Still hoping to have this done by the end of 2023.

Super Secret Mystery Project™ That Will Remain A Mystery Until Launch: On pause until 2024 or demon possession, whichever comes first.

The Goddess of Love: I cannot believe I'm on the second book of my Hattu Empire Series already... it hasn't even been a year since I started writing. Book One (The Wall of Imanti) wrapped up in early February at 265k, at which point I flung myself into the second book and wrote about half a chapter before hitting the inevitable wall of needing to plan. I'm hoping to have that prep work done by November so I can use this book to take another shot at breaking the coveted 200k-in-a-month milestone I fell short of on last year's attempt. Wish me luck!