AMA / FAQ / Q&A / BBQ

Couldn't resist the BBQ, but the only thing I'll be roasting here is myself. Hi, friends! Or fiends, or eldritch beings, whichever you prefer. For a long time now, I've been getting questions from readers and other authors alike about my writing process and other associated matters—some frequently enough to qualify as FAQs. That's Frequently Asked Questions, for anyone unfamiliar with the acronym. AMA is Ask Me Anything, which should give you a sense of what this new project is.

I'm running an AMA / FAQ in this book! Answers will be posted when I have time to write them, which may vary by the time of year. Want to contribute to my list? Drop a comment anywhere on this chapter! No question is too random, so long as it's at least tangentially book-related. Anything I have a more-than-a-paragraph answer for will get added to the list below.

If you're feeling shy, don't worry. These are excellent procrastination material for me, and I have a ton of fun answering them, no matter how simple or weird they are. So fire away 🔥

The List™

Note: Many of these have more detailed sub-questions grouped under them, submitted by various people. These will be addressed in their respective chapters! If you've sent me a question, rest assured it is somewhere on this list.

1. How the #$%&@! do you write so fast?

2. How do you juggle multiple books?

3. What got you into writing?

4. What drew you to your current genres?

5. Do you want to be a professional author?

6. Do you make your own covers?

7. How do you deal with shiny new book ideas?

8. Do you track your stats?

9. How do you come up with titles?

10. How do you promote your books?

11. What's the story behind your username?

12. How did you develop your style of imagery?

13. How do you do research for your books?

14. What writing platforms do you prefer (or want to try)?

15. How do you decide to add diversity to your stories?

16. How do you create your brand?

17. What are your thoughts on trigger warnings?

18. Where and how do you seek feedback?

To find the first of these, just turn the page!