Proposal Gone Wrong

The Madrigals and the Guzmans were now all gathered, sitting at the dinner table. This including (Y/N) and Mirabel who were staring intensely at Dolores who was gripping her glass and staring right back.

"To a perfect night!" Abuela called, holding her cup up for cheers, "Salud!"

"Salud!" Everyone repeated back, holding up their own glasses of liquid.

(Y/N) was handing Mirabel something, still staring at Dolores closely, making sure she wouldn't say anything.

Dolores whimpered slightly at her constant stare, shrinking in her set a little.

(Y/N) shook her head slowly, getting interrupted by Mariano's voice, "Avocado?" She grunts and took ahold of the bowl, removing it from her view and gasped seeing Dolores telling the one person who she didn't want knowing. Camilo.

The curly head boy was looking at (Y/N) with a slightly opened mouth expression, hearing what his sister was whispering in his ear.

Once Dolores was finished, Camilo coughed, hitting his chest with his knuckles, shapeshifting into (Y/N) then Mirabel and lastly Bruno. His face ending up looking like a chameleon, his eyes going in two different directions.

(Y/N) had to hide her snort behind her hand

"Camilo. Fix your face." Felix scolded his son, the boy turning to him with his disfigured eyes and shook his head, his face turning back to normal.

Camilo look to (Y/N) surprised, though his face showed more concern for the (H/C). Not liking how she was in Bruno's vision.

"Water?" Isabela past down the jug of water, pushing in into (Y/N)'s face who quickly placed it down, looking to see Camilo whispering to his dad now.

Felix ended up spitting out his drink over the table, stopping all conversations while Camilo sweetly smiled making (Y/N)'s heart swoon at the site of it.

"(Y/N)?" Abuela's voice knocked (Y/N) out of her staring at Camilo, "The cream, please?"

"Agustin, the cream?" (Y/N) turned to the adult who chuckled nervously, passing it down and (Y/N) handed it to Mirabel who did the rest.

(Y/N) looked over to see Felix now whispering in Pepa's ear, the woman's mouth open in shock. A thunder cloud appearing above her head.

(Y/N) grimaced, smiling nervously.

"Pepa, the cloud." Abuela said through her teeth, gesturing towards the cloud.

Pepa stared at (Y/N) and Mirabel, staring to brush her hair muttering, "Clear skies, clear skies, clear skies."

Both Mirabel and (Y/N) gasped seeing Pepa now telling Julieta who looked up worried for her children, not bothered by the news only worried for the girls.

(Y/N) gulped and looked down towards her feet seeing the cracks happening under her shoes, moving under the table for a closer look.

"(Y/N)?" Mariano questioned and the girl shot up, bumping her head onto the table, groaning and rubbed it once she was facing everyone. "Everything okay?" The male asked worried.

(Y/N) coughed, smiling with her teeth.

Agustin saw her freeze up and intervened, "Everything is great. She's just excited. For you to propose. Which, uh, you should do!"

"Yes!" (Y/N) and Mirabel exclaimed.

"As fast as you can." Agustin finished, smiling brightly.

"Uh, I was actually gonna.." Mariano started, getting cut off by Mirabel.

"You were actually gonna. Great!" Mirabel moved Isabela's chair to face Mariano.

Mariano looked to his mother, who hesitated, "Well, since everyone here as a talent, my Mariano wanted to begin with a song! Luisa, could you bring over the piano?"

Luisa's lips trembled, "Okay." Her voice broke halfway through, walking over to get the piano and (Y/N) never felt so bad for the girl.

Mirabel got up, gripping Isabela's chair in her hands, "Uh, it's actually family tradition to sing after." The girl pushed Mariano's chair, making him fall to the ground on one knee.

The male cleared his throat, pulling out a box, "Isabela, most graceful of all the Madrigals-"

As he was proposing, (Y/N) spotted cracks forming on the ground so she got out of her chair quickly and stepped in front of them, hiding the cracks. She smiled shakily at everyone at the table and Camilo chuckled under his breathe, finding it adorable how (Y/N) was acting.

"You're doing great." (Y/N) cheered, showing a thumbs up.

Mariano started again, "The most perfect flower...."

(Y/N) heard chittering, looking over to see an animal trying to take the green pieces, "No!" She gasped.

Luisa came struggling into the picture, pulling the piano along the ground loudly, sobbing when it wouldn't move.

The chittering was back, making (Y/N) look under the table seeing more animals putting together Bruno's vision. The girl acted without thinking and dived under to grab it, successfully not grabbing it as the room went into chaos.

"(Y/N) and Mirabel found Bruno's vision. They're both in it. (Y/N)'s gonna destroy the magic and now, we're all doomed!" Dolores finally confessed, hands over her ears because of the noise.

The animals were on the table, dragging the vision away and Mirabel tried reaching for it but missed. (Y/N) then went for it and by mistake pushed it towards Abuela at the end of the table, landing right in front for her eyes to see.

Everyone started back at (Y/N) who looked horrified at the events that just played out, the cracks appearing behind her again.

The entire family now started freaking out.

Camilo shapeshifted into a baby face with a mustache and Felix looked at his son shocked, bewildered by his look. Isabela's gift glitched and had hit Mariano's nose hard when the cracks ran under her.

Suddenly the door opened, a bunch of towns people gathered to celebrate with a banner. Then Pepa's thunder cloud rained, making the scene more terrible.

Through all the chaos, Abuela looked straight at (Y/N) and Mirabel with a shocked and unimpressed expression.

Mariano ran out with his grandmother, Abuela following trying to apologise.

(Y/N) and Mirabel followed after, "Abuela, please! There's gotta be an explanation." The girls stressed.

"I hate you!" Isabela came through, expressing her anger at the girls.

Luisa ran past them sobbing with Agustin trailing after his daughter, "Luisa!"

And finally Pepa came through, the thunder cloud still raining above her head, "What did you two do?"

"We're not doing anything! It's Bruno's vision! It's.." (Y/N) stopped yelling after them, looking down seeing rats squeaking and carrying the green pieces.

(Y/N) and Mirabel shared a look, nodding at one another they followed the rats close behind.