Many Apologies

(Y/N) and Mirabel slowly opened their eyes, letting go of each other and stared down at the candle that was fading out in (Y/N)'s hand.

"No.." (Y/N) muttered as the candle's fire went out. The magic and Casita dying with it.

The furniture around them creaked and fell apart onto the ground. (Y/N) turned her head towards Mirabel, "I'm so sorry." She cried. "I tried."

Mirabel shook her head, wiping a tear the fell down her best friends cheek, "It's alright, it's not your fault (Y/N)." She whispered softly, giving her a reassuring look.

"(Y/N)!" A loud cry of her name broke the two best friends apart, seeing Camilo running full speed towards them, skidding onto his knees when he got close and brought (Y/N) into a hug. Her body slightly falling onto his lap and her arms wrapping around his waist.

"Milo..." (Y/N) cried out, her face being placed into the crook of Camilo's neck by his hand, feeling his fingers trembling as they tangled into her locks.

"I'm here, it's okay.. I've got you mi cielo." Camilo whispered against the top of her head, nuzzling his nose and fingers into her hair, his yellow ruana rubbing up on (Y/N)'s thighs to which she tightly grasped the material in her hands.

Camilo pulled back from the hug, gently cupping (Y/N)'s tear stained face in both of his palms, "Oh, my sweet girl." He choked a gasp, his heart clenching at the site of her crying face.

"Camilo!" Pepa's sudden call of his voice made the boy turn to look over his shoulder, seeing his mother needing him.

Camilo sighed softly, turning back to (Y/N) who watched his every move with glazed eyes. The boy smiled sadly, rubbing his thumbs over her cheeks gently, "I'll be back mi amor, don't go anywhere okay?"

(Y/N) didn't say anything but nodded into his hand making Camilo frown a little bit. He leant forward to connect his forehead with hers, brushing his nose against hers then pulled back and stood up.

Camilo gave the heart broken (Y/N) a tender smile, looking to Mirabel with a nod then turned to run off towards his mother.

"(Y/N)! Mirabel!" Julieta's worried shout was heard once Camilo was gone. The mother quickly running over towards her two children, cupping the side of their faces in her hands.

"Girls, are you hurt?" She questioned softly, rubbing her thumb over (Y/N)'s dusted cheek, while she stared back with teary eyes and a gloomy expression.

"We're okay mama." Mirabel breathed out, looking over to see her best friends expression which broke her heart to pieces.

Julieta didn't believe (Y/N) was alright, so she questioned gently again, "(Y/N)?"

The girl just looked dead ahead with that gloomy expression of hers, not answering her.

"Julieta, come quick!" Pepa's shouted in the distance, "Julieta!"

Julieta sighed, not wanting to leave her girls alone, "Don't move. I'll be right back." Once she firmly told them, the mother hurried off towards her sister.

(Y/N) looked over her surroundings, seeing the family all helping each other as the house around them was broken and a mess. A sob caught in her throat seeing Camilo far away looking like his entire world just collapsed on top of him, an expression different from moments ago. The girl feeling more responsible for all the damage caused to the family.

"I'm sorry." She whispered with her voice cracking to Mirabel and stood up quickly, running away.

"NO! (Y/N) come back!" Mirabel yelled, scrambling to her feet, about to go after her but (Y/N) was nowhere in sight. This caused tears to well up in her Mirabel's eyes.