Chapter 27

"Alisa, are you seriously about to eat that?"

I open my third pudding cup, wanting to ignore David's dumb question. Of course I'm gonna eat it. I bought three so I can eat them all. But because I am perpetually nice and I don't think I have a truly bad bone in my body (my conscience fixed all those), all I do is smile at him and stick my spoon inside the cup.

"Of course I am." I tell him gently.

"Your teeth are like, gonna die." He says.

I bark out a laugh and eat my pudding cup. David shrugs as I finish it off and wait for Ethan to bring me more.

Ethan comes around with three more pudding cups and places two in front of me, taking the last one for himself. A part of me wants to know why he thought that was a good idea but I just leave it, because I can't be bothered to deal with him right now. And I really don't want to argue with him because we're going to go roller skating after drama club today, and I don't wanna ruin that whole experience either.

So I just open my fourth pudding cup and eat it glumly. When my teeth go rotten, I'll be sure to shout out this moment.

"Girl, you good?" I look up and see Sarah and Savannah walking by, holding their lunch trays. They share a look and then stare at me, alarmed.

"Nope. I like your new braids." I say and turn away as she says thanks.

"There's something wrong with Alisa?" Janet asks innocently. Next to her, Anthony rolls his eyes and sighs loudly.

"Can you not see the girl's been eating her weight in chocolate pudding? That's not something someone who was feeling one hundred would do." He snaps. She glares at him, her teddy bear like demeanour turning grizzly.

"Well, excuse me!" She snaps. The two of them begin arguing in hushed whispers.

I take another spoonful of pudding and make space for Sarah and Savannah. They sit on either side of me, much to Ethan's distaste, and watch, still alarmed.

"I thought the two of them were like the perfect couple... What happened?" Savannah asks.

"I'm not entirely sure... literally two days after we started this semester, they had an argument over freaking PlayStation's and ever since then, they haven't stopped. " I explain.

It's kinda sad, actually. Janet keeps brushing it away whenever I try to bring it up and often acts like Anthony doesn't exist when he's with us. Otherwise, the two of them argue. It's been almost a month of this and I'm really worried but there's not much I can do when she won't tell me the real reason they keep picking fights with each other.

"Anyway!" Janet says loudly, her cheeks flushed. "Alisa, what's wrong with you?"

I shrug. "Apparently everything."

Ethan peeks over Savannah's body. "On a normal day, I'd agree in public but you know that's not true." I stick my tongue out at him and he winks.

Still upset, I go to open my fifth and final pudding cup but Sarah confiscates it from me. "Hey!"

"You can eat this when you tell us why everything is wrong with you."

I reach for it but she chucks it at David, who has been minding his business next to a very pissed off Anthony. It's still really weird seeing him mad.

"Don't eat that." I warn him. He opens it and starts eating it anyway. I roll my eyes as someone prods my shoulder and turn back to the matter at hand. "I'm just... I don't know, feeling bad."