Chapter 15. Startling Affection

I sat down on the floor, bobby pins and paper clips surrounding me on the ground as I slowly picked the lock on the door.

It was possible, I'd done it before, but with my lack of skill and technique, it was going to take some luck as well.

I hummed as the lock let out a dull click. "Hey, Kharif, can I come in?" I asked and opened the door, sticking my head inside. "And if you're not going to help with the cake, can I make it myself?"

He turned from where he was standing in the center of the room and glared at me. "Don't you have any decency?"

I shook my head. "Nope, lost it a long time ago, I actually have a story about that, if you're interested-"

"No, just no," he told me coldly and I pouted when he walked past me and out of his room. Which was kind of silly, why would you leave me alone in your room?

Imagine the havoc I could cause!

His room was simple, a bathroom directly in front, the bed against the two adjacent walls, a closet in front of the bed, and a gray dug on the floor.

My eyes went back to the bed and I jumped happily into the neatly made covers. I sat on the black blanket and my eyes shifted to his pillow.

His phone was on his pillow, right in front of me. I looked at the door and leaned forward on the bed to look out into the hallway.

I was alone, with a phone, and it was very tempting. I reached out with shaking fingers and simply held the device, mind swirling.

Sure, I made a deal with Winter, so he wouldn't bother my family, but I was still in a danger of some kind. Even if I was here, it was against my will.

I swiped my fingers across the screen, just to see if he required a password.

I inhaled sharply when it was revealed that Kharif didn't have a pass code. Now that's even more tempting. A single phone call, and I could be out of here by tonight.

I stilled, for a moment wondering what my dads would think of the guys.

I think, even though they kidnapped me, Kharif and Kealan would get along. Owen would probably respect Winter, but Winter would hate them all.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I froze and the phone fell out of my fingers. My head snapped up and I looked at Zomer, now pale.

"I- I didn't do anything, I swear," I told him quickly as he stepped into the room. He didn't say a word as he picked up the phone and pocketed it.

My lips trembled. "A-are you going to tell Winter?" I asked, my panic not even considering the fact that I hadn't even done anything yet.

Zomer looked at me as he set on the edge of the bed. "Are you that scared of him?" His voice was neutral, and that was kind of frightening in and of its self.

I shrugged and looked at the cover. I wasn't really scared of him as a person, I knew he wasn't going to hurt me. It would be against his entire belief. His control over me... and how easy it is to get lost in him, now that was very frightening.

Zomer sighed and I met his gaze. "I don't really think I need to tell him, since you didn't do anything." Our eyes stayed connected as he stopped speaking, and he hesitated.

His hand reached out and I froze as he cupped my face gently. I-isn't this normally how a kiss happens? I thought and swallowed at the feeling of his warm gentle hand on my face.

"Zomer," I whispered his name, and his eyes closed as he leaned forward. My eyes were wide however, as he kissed my gently.

His lips were warm, soft, and gave my own just the smallest touches. It wasn't a mind blowing make out session, it was simply... affection.

Like something you gave your wife before you went off to your every day job at work. Zomer pulled back and gently tucked my colored hair behind my ear.

"Do you hate me, July?" Zomer asked and met my gaze with eyes warmer than a summer day. I shook my head silently and bit my lip.

"No, I don't hate you," I said honestly.

He smiled brightly and leaned forward, kissing my mouth again. I couldn't help but smile into the next small kiss, his happiness infectious.

"What the actual fuck," Kharif snapped and stared into his bedroom. I looked past Zomer and smiled.

"Sorry, Zomer, go ahead and kiss him too, he's jealous," I said and grinned. Kharif looked ill at the idea while Zomer laughed and stood, grabbing my hand tugging me up with him.

"Oh! Can we watch a movie?!" I asked and a brilliant idea came to mind. I should find a way to sway these men in the right direction, and I had the perfect tragedy to fix everything.

"A movie?" Zomer asked, and I nodded.

"Yeah, well, it's a show,"

Kharif looked at me with narrowed eyes. "What's it called, brat?"

I grinned. "Ever heard of Death Note?"

A/N

I want July to come play in my room! 😋🙏

Also, if you want any more bonus chapters from book 1, just give me some ideas and I'll write a few if you'd like!