Chapter 4

My shift had ended and before I could head home,my coworkers invited me for dinner and I agreed and  we enjoyed our Chinese food with a lot of jokes and banter.

I checked my watch and I realised it was 6:30 and waved a goodbye to my friends and walked home.I opened my door and locked it behind me ,already cooing at my cat apologising to him for being late.

When I didn't feel the familiar heat that usually wrapped around my legs and comforting purrs,I felt uneasy and I quickly switched on my lights and the sight infront of me had me dropping on my knees.

T.V shattered

Curtains shredded

Picture frames broken

And in midst of it was my cat, Neo with his beautiful white fur soaked in blood and behind him on the wall written in my innocent cat's blood was

I am always watching you My Little Flower

I was on my knees defeated,I slowly walked through the mess almost like a zombie who needed destruction and chaos.They hadn't left a corner untrashed.

I suddenly heard knocks in the door and a fear like no other pour down on me like a pail of cold water.I quickly ducked down to one of the cupboards in my kitchen and my mind whirled around with thoughts.

Is it him?

Has he sent his goons?

Will they kill me?

I heard the door burst open and I press my hand against my mouth to silence my whimpers.I was hyperventilating, I heard a string of curses and rustling sounds

They were searching for something

Me.

I suddenly blinded by sudden light letting me know that I was found,I was caught.
I screamed and trashed around the arms that wrapped around me.

"Shh...it's me Bambi, it's me Zander"
I looked up immediately to be greeted by the same hazel eyes I met yesterday,only it was Zander this time.

Fear had me tired as I wrapped my arms around like my life depended on it choking on my own sobs as he soothed me by whispering everything is gonna be alright and caressing my hair.

He tried to place me in my own feet,but I refused, whimpering and locking him harder into me.He understood my cue and positioned me in a more comfortable position and slowly started walking out of the kitchen.I heard Zander and Xander's quiet murmers and was too emotionally exhausted to figure out what they were talking about.I hid my face under his neck,not wanting to see my safe haven and the place I called home to be shattered and my beloved companion Neo to be so cruelly snatched from me.

I instead took a deep breath of his colonge and hummed in satisfaction.I felt us move again and saw we were outside again and my eyes opened lazily to see two bikes parked infront of us.I could hear Xander on the phone barking to someone.While Zander slowly bounced me cooing and asking me to rest my eyes.I decided to comply to him and slowly drifted to sleep.