Chapter 13

I decided that the best course of action was to ring the doorbell of the house and pretend I didn't see what went behind the backyard.As I stood in the front door ringing the bell my mind drifted to the Xander and mine encounter  I immediately blushed and when I heard the door being unlocked I quickly patted my cheeks to cool down and smiled broadly at Karla, who had washed face but the bright redness not dispating her cheeks,I meant her face cheeks and also....I quickly shook those thoughts and hugged and excitedly said

"Let's bakee!!!"

We had a fun time baking, telling many childhood stories and I learnt a lot  about Karla like how  her parents got murdered because of a gang and how she then spent her life protecting her little brother,Clayton.I tell her about Mama and Papa as well but leave the twins out of it.Then she wiggled her eyebrows and said"Soooo..you and then huh?

I laughed at her silly actions and sighed shaking my head"Nope Karla,Just friends"

"I have heard that line a lot"
"This time it actual friends only"
"Uh huh"she drawls
"They have hurt me a lot Karla and the friendship is already so overwhelming so I don't think so"
"I know how it feels to be hurt physically and mentally"Karla bit her lip and sighed
"Lucas's brother,Jim was my boyfriend at the time and at first he was sweet then he turned to a new leaf I couldn't leave him as he said he'll kill my brother when he finds us so I suffered his abuse for 2 years and Lucas saved me"and she looked at me and said the words that struck my heart and I can hear the echo of her voice and words in my heart ebbing and carrying it to my body and soul.

"Life always gives us chances or opportunities for happiness we must find it in ourselves to heal and grab it"

I nodded and hugged her and we stayed in that position for a long time threading our bond tighter and stronger.

                           ********************

I was walking back home in deep thought that I did not notice a dark looming figure that was cautiously approaching me taking great care and effort that I don't notice him as I see the lights of their house my eyes caught the glint of the syringe needle behind me.

Blood rushes to my head in panic and my throat seems to be stuck like a hand is shove down my throat and is taunting me to scream.I start to sweat off apprehension and fear and I know the fate to escape this man's syringe laid in my hands I slowly counted trying to calm my heart from beating out of my chest and inhaled deeply before screaming loudly.I screamed so loud that it echoed on the hearts that heard and it was like the man's syringe injected them with a powerful poison,fear.I ran pushing myself beyond refusing to my body's pleas of any kind of mercy as I know my body would berate me for saving us from whatever the man had planned.The sight of Zander came in view and I laughed loudly releif swimming softly in my heart as I jumped on him and wrapped my legs and arms around holding onto him like a patient on life support and I inhaled his coffee scent colonge not having the energy to talk.My mind felt fuzzy and I could hear distinct shouts and screaming,it was like I was there but I wasn't.I tried to open my eyes and view my damage.

But Zander forces my head on to his shoulder blocking my vision and says"Rest your eyes My Bambi"

Mentally drained,I once again obey him.