Chapter 7

"No. That can't be it. Please, MJ. Tell me this is just some sick joke or something. please please." I slowly sat down on the couch. I kept trying to convince myself that MJ was just kidding but deep down I knew she wasn't.

She would never play such a joke on me. But I don't want to face the truth. I really don't. Aunt May loved me like a daughter and I loved her like a mother.

After my Mom abandoned me and Dad, Aunt May basically raised me. I don't blame my Dad, though. He was a single Dad with a minimum wage job. He tried his best and I love him so much for that.

"Y/N? I'm so sorry." Peter sat down and wrapped his arms around me.

I started sobbing immediately. She's gone. She's really gone. She won't walk into me and Peter (current reality) passed out at 3 in the afternoon because we stayed up playing games.

She won't randomly come into my house, take my laundry and leave without a word.

She won't call me everyday just to see how my day is going and if I need anything.

She won't be here anymore.

I have to live without her.

This feeling. I can't describe it. it's like I lost my Mom again.

Even though I can't describe it, it hurts like a bitch and I just want it to stop.

MJ and Ned comforted me for a bit and then had to leave because of some emergency concerning Peter. I insisted going but they told me to stay and calm down a bit.

I was lowkey mad but whatever. I didn't have the strength to argue with them. So I was left with Peter. He held me for what seemed like forever. He didn't say anything but he didn't need to.

Just him sitting here, hugging me was enough. No words will make me feel better now. And he knows that.

An hour later, I was still in my room. Peter had gone to help MJ and Ned. But I literally had to force him to. He said that he didn't want to leave me alone etc but I assured him that I'd be fine.

So I'm just sitting in my room. Thinking about...Aunt May. Of course I am. How could I not.

Then I heard MJ and went out to see how it went.

"Hey." I saw current reality Peter, MJ, Peter three, Ned and Peter.

Wow. So many Peters.

"Y/N." current reality Peter immediately hugged me.

I'm not the only one who lost someone. He did too.

But the thing that shattered my heart into pieces was when Peter started crying.

"Hey, Pete. You listen to me, okay? I can't assure you that everything's going to be okay. I really can't because I don't know. I don't know if it will be okay.

You might never get over Aunt May's death. Actually, I think we'll never be able to. But we'll be able to learn to live with it." I said, trying my best to not cry.

He's younger than me. Not by much. Just three years but I still felt the need to do this. Comfort him when I couldn't even comfort myself.

"You have us. And we're never leaving you. I love you, Pete. I basically grew up with you so you're like my brother."

"I love you so much, Y/N. I don't know what I would've done without you." He hugged me once again.

Now that sentence made me want to bawl my eyes out.

I guess this was it. We have to accept Aunt May's death and move on. Well at least try to. I'm sure she would want us to be happy.

A few days later