twenty seven

Chapter Twenty Seven

Monday

When I got home after school, I couldn't help but freeze.

Did that honestly just happen? Did Amber really just threaten me like that? Despite everything that I've learned from elementary school, and my mothers words, violence might actually be the answer.

I'm just so sick of being slammed down by Amber, all just because of A, a boy, B, her attitude, or C, all of the above. No matter how much I tell myself that I can ignore it, deep down I know that it's slowly eating me from the inside out.

I have to keep strong, just because I'm so stubborn. I constantly have to put up this strong façade, mostly around Collin, so he won't get under my skin - or anyone for that matter.

And damn it, she's gotten under it.

A Few Hours Later

I was now sitting on my bed, trying my best to finish all of my homework. The end of the school year was approaching quickly, and I needed the highest GPA that I could muster. I needed to pay attention, especially with exams coming up next week. But I couldn't for the life of me concentrate. Maybe it was the television, or the thought of having so much homework tonight.

Whatever it was, it was getting to me - hard.

Just then, my phone began to ding constantly from inside of my nightstand. I put it there so the force of temptation acting on me would lessen. In a quick action, I retrieved it, and unlocked it to find out that I'd been added into a group chat.

It consisted of Brooklyn, Stacey, George, and of course, Collin. "Those bitches." I muttered to myself. Why was I added?

Stacey : Guys I added Genn, lmfao

Brooklyn : Be nice, Jorge

Me : oh lol hey spacey

Earlier today, at lunch, we were all making fun of each other's names. Stacey's was the hardest, but mine was the best.

Stacey : Calling me Spacey makes me seem like in a stoner

George : are you not? don't lie like I don't know what you and michael do behind closed doors

Collin : We know exactly what you guys do

Seeing Collin's name in my phone actually caught me off guard. Even though it's only been a few days since we last texted, it still did.