thirty one

Chapter Thirty One

Monday

I couldn't wait to get back to school the following weekday. It turns out I only had a cold, which wasn't going to last for a while like I planned.

"Hey Jennifer," a voice greeted from my ear. I was tapped on my shoulder by a few fingers before I could turn around. When I did, I was greeted by Mason, who looked really happy aside from everyone else.

"Hi, stranger," I smile back, poking him in the pocket of his white t-shirt. He looked incredibly tan today, which made him even more attractive.

"C'mon, you don't remember me?" He asked, a smile still on his face. "I know it's been a few days but, really?"

 "I know it's been a few days but, really?"

"I'm only kidding, Mason, chill out." I chuckle, and softly shove him a few inches away. He quickly stepped back, not letting anything compromise our closeness.

I just chose to ignore it.

"Hey, I wanted to ask you something, but I don't want to get turned down."

My smile faded into a smirk. "Unlikely, I hardly ever turn anyone down." I turned to my left to face him, and he squinted his eyes.

"Good, then if I were to ask you out, you're saying that I wouldn't get turned down?" He asked, basically saying that he was planning on asking me out.

"No, I'm saying that the chances of you getting turned down are few to none." I clarified, just as I noticed Collin walking down the hallway. He probably just got to school, and was usually on his way towards me.

"Then it's a date then-"

"No," I shut him up. "it's just two friends getting together for ... dinner? After school activities?"

"I'm actually thinking a movie." He admitted, scratching the side of his neck. Just then, Collin walked up and stood to my right, not saying a word. He only leaned his back up against the lockers.

"Cool, sounds fun, I'll give you my number," I grabbed a sticky note from out of my locker and wrote my number down on it

"Cool, sounds fun, I'll give you my number," I grabbed a sticky note from out of my locker and wrote my number down on it. The entire time, Collin was glaring holes into the side of my face. "call me after sc-"