eight

Chapter Eight

Wednesday

My mind was a complete blank slate, I didn't have anything to say to Stacey. She was obviously at a loss for words as well, since she could barely close her gaping mouth. Stace was by far the most judgmental person in our friend group, probably due to the fact that she has this need for everything to be perfect.

Something was telling me that cheating on Peter didn't fit her idea of perfection.

"You know, I-"

"Collin, please just walk away, I'd rather not waste brain cells trying to wrap my head around your explanations." Stacey stated, rubbing one of her hands over her face. I raised my eyebrows in a surprised manner, not because her snapping at Collin wasn't expected. But because for the first time ever, instead of protesting or voicing detestation, Col simply walked away.

Stacey and I stared at him as he made his way down the hallway, since neither of us were expecting him to be compliant. "We can talk about how easy that was later, right now, you have a lot of explaining to do." The blonde affirmed, crossing her arms softly.

"Fine, Collin is my side piece, we've been sneaking around for a little over a week now. That's all there is between us, we don't have feelings for each other or anything." I inform, wanting this to be the last time that I elaborate on my relationship with Collin Myers.

Stacey's eyes narrowed slightly, as if she was questioning my words. "That's it, huh? What about Peter, I assume that he doesn't know about this, right?"

"No, he doesn't know, and he never will. I've come to terms with the fact that there's no going back from this decision. The guilt ate me alive for days, but then I realized that there are tons of people at our school who do the same thing that I do." I reminded.

"That doesn't make it right, Jenn

"That doesn't make it right, Jenn. I don't think this is a good idea, I'm not even going to touch on your choice of men either. Just because they do it doesn't mean everyone should." Stacey finished, and I didn't even say anything in response. Simply because this made me even more conflicted.

Everything keeps pointing me in the opposite direction of this arrangement. My guilt towards Peter, then Amber, and now Stacey was pushing this moral code on me. All of them were solid reasons as to why I should end things.

But some unknown force won't stop leading me in Collin Myer's direction.

X

I walked into my house, and the first thing that I saw was my mother in the middle of walking up the stairs. When she turned around, she flashed me the mug that she had in her grip. That alone was all I needed to know that she was planning on doing when she reached the second floor.