The Red Sand King

"KAI?"

His head shot up to look at them and Nya felt streams rolling down her face as she and Lloyd jumped to their feet.

"Guys-"

"KAI!"

In a flash they were all standing there huddled in each other's arms. Lloyd looked happy as anyone possibly could and Nya could feel herself sobbing as she buried her face in her brother's shoulder.

Faster than she would've liked she was being pushed away. Kai held her by the shoulders with a smile that went all the way to his ears.

"You- I- I can't- how did you guys even get here?!" He gasped.

Nya knew she had a stupid grin on her face but she didn't care. "I experimented with Borg's tech! I found a way to combine the realm crystal shards with the never realm tea and engineered it into a portal! So we can go from here and back with a press of a button!" She said pulling out the remote.

"That's incredible I can't believe that you were still trying to get to us!"

"Of course I was!"

"I can't believe Jay's plan actually worked to get you here" Kai laughed out.

"Plan?" Lloyd asked.

"Well yeah he-"

"RED SAND KING!" a young voice screamed out and Kai whipped his head around to the source.

"Tenza calm down, what's going on?" Kai asked kneeling down to be eye level with the young Centka that had burst in.

"THERE'S A MUDBURLER IT GOING AFTER THE CARAVAN IT MUST'VE FOLLOWED US!" the child wailed.

"Tenza where is Paloa?"

"She's with the caravan but she doesn't have Levin with her!"

"Ok Tenza go up, run to Paloa, tell her to call Levin. By then I will have him ready and tell everyone that I'll be there with Singe in a few seconds. Go!" The younger nodded and quickly scampered up and away.

"I need to take care of this quick I'll explain everything after. Oh and if you want you can come with me."

Lloyd quickly joined Kai in running up out of the tomb Nya just stood in shock. Kai was... different.

She had never seen this side of her brother before. Serious and commanding, decisive and level headed. This wasn't the Kai she knew who was self absorbed, responsible when necessary but only when necessary, joking and goofy, and kinda blockheaded.

What happened?

He was so much more of a leader now almost like... A king. And- and if that kid had said-

But if Kai was The Red Sand King then that would make Jay...

Nya fell to her knees.

               -----------------------------------

Lloyd scrambled to follow his older brother outside.

After a year! After a whole entire year he has his older brother back! Lloyd hadn't felt this elated in a very, very long time.

"Hey green bean, watch this." Kai smirked at him and suddenly a high pitched whistle sounded. With it came a cloud of red dust that stopped right before them. The sand cleared away and standing in front of Lloyd was another kind of dragon he had never seen before.

It was tall, about the size of a regular horse except y'know for the fact it had blood red scales with a white belly and eyeliner type designs. Like a lot of the dragons he's been seeing recently this one too had no wings. No wings but still a dragon. Apparently Lloyd needs to find a book on all the different kinds because up until this week he thought they all had wings.