Answers You May Not Like

Seeing the city in person was so much more different than seeing it in Kai's memory vision.

Sakova was loud and bright and beautiful and teeming with life in a way like no other place in the desert she had seen yet.

Cave sides were lined with homes carved into the rock walls. Dragons of all kinds flew here and there, living along side the people. Streams of water came down the sides catching wind and dispersing into mist casting rainbows in the air.

"Kai this is incredible" she said breathlessly gaping at the scene before her.

"I know! And you guys haven't even seen the cool stuff yet."

Upon saying this Kai had suddenly jumped off the wagon and ran forward. In seconds the other two Smith siblings ran along after him. The pursuit was short lived as he slowed down next to Paloa and Singe standing in front of the caravan.

"Paloa do you think you could handle unloading on your own? Just for today?" He asked with a smile.

Paloa looked from Kai to the two of them and gave a warm smile. "Of course my king. Go, have fun."

-----------------------

Fun included a walking tour of the undercity of Sakova.

The city was crowded and full of life at every turn. It wasn't as crowded as Ninjago City or Stiix where you bumped into somebody constantly but there was no shortage of people.

Because this was the "lowest" level of Sakova it was where all the traders and merchant stands were. Goods and foods were waiting patiently on stands for onlookers with strange smells wafting into the air.

"There's a lot of... blue for a desert city." Lloyd observed as they passed by yet another person who was selling a multitude of indigo colored clothing.

Kai snickered lightly "Yeah the people here go crazy over anything blue ever since Jay invented the color." He smirked.

"Wait, wait, I'm sorry, what?" Nya asked incredulously.

"First master you should've seen it. So, back in ninjago blue is a chemically created color right? Meaning that-"

"Meaning that in an undeveloped desert realm society the color didn't exist." Nya caught on.

"Exactly. And most of Jay's clothes from back in Ninjago got pretty torn up pretty quickly. So Jay was obsessed with the idea of finding some way to recreate the color here. It took him like a year and a half but he got it. Ever since pretty much everyone wears at least one thing that has the color blue." Kai explained.

Lloyd laughed loudly and Nya couldn't help the snort that escaped her.

"Leave it to Jay to literally invent a color out of spite." Lloyd giggled.

"Yeah I know right but c'mon next stop!"

----------------

Their next stop was Nya's favorite.

Water.

For all that was good in this master forsaken desert, finally, water.

It poured from holes in the rock walls and down from springs underneath the deep cenote that she could feel. It was all so pure and vast and made every part of her body relax in a way she had long since forgotten.

She didn't even realize when she started laughing but her small giggles built up into a cry of "WOOOO!" as she jumped into the deep water letting it soak deep into her bones before she burst up into the air laughing with glee as all the water coming from all the rock walls and holes flew through the air and spiraled around her in a massive aquatic tower as she cheered.