CHAPTER 56: Dinner

--

For the first time in his thirty years of living, Lu Tian was dumbfounded by a woman. He glare viciously at the door. This was the second time since their encounter that the woman dare to slam a door at him.

Just who was he? Many people fear him, and yet, this woman treats him like some fool.

He lower his head and looked at the grocery bags in his hands. A deep frown appear on his handsome face and his lips pout.

Was his idea... a mistake?

Yue Ling leaned against the door and tried to catch her breath. She got her heart and thought, 'Why is he here? Did I somehow anger him by walking around his car?'

Suddenly, her eyes shot widely open and cover her mouth as she gasp, 'Oh go! My grocery bags!!!'

How could she have forgotten about them! She hadn't even had the chance to eat dinner!

Patting her chest, she whisper to herself, "Han Yue Ling. Get a hold of yourself. You got this!"

It was now or never. Her Yeye told her that those who show fear will only be consumed by their own fearful thoughts.

And as her Yeye's granddaughter, she is a strong woman!

Taking an extra deep breath, she gathered all her courage and open the door.

The moment her door opened, and she came face to face with the devil. She wanted so badly to slam the door shut again, but she thought about her yeye's words again and held herself back.

She looked the man in the eyes with her bluish green eyes. Her aura completely different from earlier.

Clearing her throat, she pointed to the grocery bags in Lu Tian's hands, "Are those mine?"

Lu Tian stood unmoving from his spot.

Just like the her, he stared back at her.

"Mm"

Hearing him, Yue Ling's eyes shook for a second.

'Oh god! Why does his voice have to sound so appealing too!! So unfair!'

Shaking off the thought, she reach her arms out to take the bags. As if the man outside was just a delivery boy.

"Thank you, I can take them from here."

Before she could even touch the bags, she was struck in the head by his next words.

"Dinner."

His voice was very sexy and a little hoarse. Any woman would fall for a handsome man with a seductive voice.

With her hands pausing in mid air, Yue Ling crease her brows at the man, "Eh?"

Lu Tian maintained his supreme mastered poker face, "I haven't had dinner."

"...." and what does that have to do with me?

Of course, she didn't say it out loud.

She pursed her lips and turn her head to look at the wall clock; 7:45pm.

It's was getting late, and she was hungry. She also needed to unpack. Glancing at the grocery bags in Lu Tian's hand, an idea came to her.

"Fine, I'll cook you dinner."

Lu Tian's eyes lit up like fireworks, but he quickly hid it. His plan actually worked!!

Yue Ling sighed and step to the side as she opened the door wider for the man.