CHAPTER 132: Assemble the troop

———

*beep beep beep*

Inside a private room in the military hospital of Imperial, a young man lays on the white bed. From his head to toes, bandages covered every inch of him.

He was hooked up to a breathing machine with countless medical tubes and wires attached to him.

"Nnn..."

Suddenly, like he is suffering from a horrible nightmare, the space between the young man’s brows crease into three lines. He groans in his unconsciousness.

A fair slender hand reaches out from Jingxu’s side and holds his bandage hand.

"Jingxu..."

The soft soothing voice floated like clouds into Jingxu’s unconscious mind. His expression relaxes.

Even if the bandages on him were thickly layered, he could feel the warmth bring transferred to him.

It was the warmth he loves the most.....

Yue Ling looks at her younger brother. She was in guilt for not saving him on time. If she had gotten there early, Jingxu wouldn’t be in this condition.

Neither would Ting have to lose his parents...

"Jingxu... forgive Jie for not coming in time...."

*SLAM!!!*

Suddenly, the door abruptly opens.

Yue Ling quickly stands up from the chair. Her posture turned into one on guard. After they left the warehouse, they didn’t follow up on the unknown group. If they followed or not, she does not know.

"Jingxu! You brat! What did you go do—-"

"...."

Old man Ji was pouring in rage. He had been trying to find his ungrateful grandson, not only that, he even flipped Imperial upside down!

Just when he was about to mobilize the army troop to search, Housekeeper Hu notifies him of something. It was that his granddaughter had been informed and will search for Jingxu.

Knowing this, he relaxed a bit. If it’s his granddaughter, he knows she can find Jingxu. They were close kins, even if they were not blood related.

Just a while ago, Liu Shan had personally called him that they found Jingxu and have taken him to the military hospital.

Old man Ji was angry, that grandson of his actually disappeared to get himself in trouble only.

Arriving at the door, he had purposely kicked the door open to scare the boy, but.....

His eyes at this moment stare in disbelief at what is in front of him. Like someone had ruthlessly rip his heart out, tears form in his eyes

"J-Jingxu....."

*beep beep beep*

The sound of the breathing machine answers Old man Ji. Jingxu did not move as he lay unconscious.

Old man Ji stumbles his way towards the bed. His mouth open and closed, however, every word seemed to be stuck at his throat.

His beloved grandson is this person on the bed? Jingxu looked like a person who’s on life support....

Like a person who’s life will end if the machines connected to him is pulled off...

He stops by the bed. Not once did he move his line of sight from the boy. He stretch his trembling old hand and holds Jingxu’s.