CHAPTER 184: Last stop

-----

Yue Ling's white bmw x5m stops in front of a tall black metal gate.

A bulky man in military uniform steps out of the guard booth with a QBZ-95 in his hands. He is a man with good looks in his early thirties, but his aura and the three lines between his brows gave him an intimidating look.

Ting looked out the window and he felt himself shrinking into the passenger seat.

Why are they at another military base?

Suddenly, realization dawn on him and he looks at the beautiful supermodel in the driver seat.

Is Han Yue Ling planning to enlist him in the army?

Thinking of it, he laughs in self mockery inside. He is twenty years old. No parents or home. Maybe joining the military is the best choice for him. Lowering his head, he stare down at the cast on his leg and stayed quiet.

"Good morning young- Miss Han."

The bulky soldier smiles at Yue Ling, he wanted to address her as 'young Miss', but she had secretly signaled him not to. He looked Yue Ling then to Ting in the passenger seat.

General Ji had informed him in advance about Ting. Getting a small glimpse of the crutches and cast, the soldier felt pain for the kid. Sighing, he turns to go inside the booth and open the gate.

Yue Ling smiles at the soldier before driving forward. She didn't say a word but continue to drive.

From the side, Ting stare out the window again with curious eyes. When they left the military hospital, they had drove through Imperial and then onto a long road with vast fields on each side.

Now....

The road in front of him is replaced with rows of yet to blood cherry blossom trees....

Everything looked like a fairy tale come to life from a children's book.

Yue Ling glance at Ting and she didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Shaking her head, she continue to drive until they pulled up to the beautiful Spanish mansion.

"This is our last stop."

Parking her car, she unbuckle her seat belt and got out of the car. Walking over to Ting's side, she opens the door for him.

Ting looks at Yue Ling and he pout his lip. How he hated his life right now. He is an orphan with a broken leg and he's having his favorite idol help assist him....

Looking at the fair slender hand in front of him, he looks away and grab his crutches. Slowly, he gets out of the car by himself.

He doesn't want to trouble Yue Ling anymore than he already is doing.

Seeing this, Yue Ling shook her head. Reaching her arms out, she still helps him anyways. She understands Ting's feeling, but.... looking up at the Spanish mansion, she smiles faintly.

This is all she can do for him....

"Thank you, but I can walk on my own now."

Ting slightly moves from Yue Ling's help. If he can't do this on his own then there's no way he can go on with life. His broken leg is nothing in comparison to losing his parents.

Yue Ling smiles at Ting and moves her hands at the boy's words. The both of them walks towards the door.

To Ting's surprise, there were a set of stairs in the front but at the side was a connecting ramp. This ramp looked brand new and didn't look like it belonged there. His mind couldn't help but wonder if their was a reason for it. Or.....