Chapter 9

"Hello Miss, are you alright?" Y/n inquired, the blonde woman seemed unharmed and gave a nod.

"Oh yes, I'm quite alright. Thank you for saving me, but you don't look like Ladybug," Amelie pointed out.

Y/n smiled and rubbed the back of her neck as Chat explained that Ladybug was not up for battle for the day, "I'm Madam Red. I don't have much time Miss Amelie but I'd love to escort you back to the Agreste Mansion, if you'd allow it of course."

"I'd quite like that Miss, thank you very much." Amelie wrapped her arms around Y/n's neck and they lept away from the battle scene, Chat lurking behind in the shadows.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"It's been a pleasure, Madam Amelie. Thank you for allowing me to escort you home," Y/n bowed in respect.

"Not an issue dear, nothing to bow about. I hope to see you around, Miss Red. Thank you for the lovely company," The blonde gave an enthusiastic wave.

Felix barreled out of the house in worry, he seemed to be holding back tears as he hugged his mother tightly. The h/c-nette smiled slightly, heartwarmed by the sight of a loving son caring for his mother.

"Good day, Madam and Sir." The spotted girl left in a rush, she perched on top of the roof of the bakery. No longer in costume and out of breath.

(Play music here)

It took a lot of speed to get there in under a minute before she detransformed. Marinette was in her room below, still out but getting better. Apparently she had a lot of unknown, pent up stress and the conversation with Alya and Adrien released it all. The doctors said she would stay asleep for a day or two more but she'd be fine as soon as she woke up. If she sleeps for more than 5 days the family had to contact them immediately. The girl sighed, handing Tikki a left over cookie she had from lunch. Her eyes were on the stars as the tiny Kwami munched on the sweet treat, she squeaked and hid in a frenzy.

Y/n shot up only to be met with the eyes of Cat Noir. He held flowers in his hands and a shy expression was painted on his face, "They are for Marinette. She helped me defeat a victim once and I heard about what happened and rushed over as quick as I could."

"That's very kind of you, Cat Noir. I'm sure she would be happy to know she got a gift from a famous superhero, the coolest in all of Paris might I add," Y/n kindly took the gift from his trembling leather covered hands, "Are you alright Chat?"

"What you did today, that was very brave. Taking on that villian, being so kind to the Graham de Vanily's, looking out for Marinette like that. I heard your song and I saw you detransform. I'm sorry about both, it was an accident for them both to happen, I swear! But, I just thought you didn't get the praise you deserved from all the people your so good too. So why not I tell you, atleast you have one supporter, right? Haha..." He awkwardly picked at his nails.

"Yeah, thanks. That's very kind of you and its the same, with people not giving enough praise for what you do for them. I think people don't appreciate you that much, it's always about Ladybug. You've done so much for all of Paris, I wish people could see you like the way I do. It'd be nice to see you get credit for all your good deeds. So you atleast know you have one follower now, right?" She patted his shoulder, his face lit up with a sweet, light pink.

"It feels good to be appreciated," He thought.

"No, no, I'll take those down for you. Here, give me your hand, Princess." Chat extended his hand, Y/n took it.

He could feel it through the leather, her soft skin. She was as soft as she was sweet, he could tell that much. She reminded him of a marshmallow. He snickered to himself, imagining her as a fluffy glob of white.  He set her down on the balcony, she opened the glass door and climbed down onto Marinette's bed, pressing a kiss to her sister's forehead as she was in deep sleep.

"Place the flowers in the vase over there, on her drawing table," Y/n whispered.

Chat looked around the room, it was different from when he came in as Adrien, pictures of him with his classmates and photoshoots were hung up on a board above Marinette's working desk and near her inspiration materials. No doubt because of his father's influence and because of her crush on him. He knew, he's known for a while but he's always liked someone else and for now he is moving on from Ladybug, in baby steps.

The joint bathroom door was opened. Y/n stood in the doorway waiting for him, he scampered behind quickly. His eyes widened at the sight before him, LEDs were strung aross the trim of the walls and underneath a loft bed, candles and incense holders were everywhere along with a keyboard and a Karaoke machine. A little archery station was set up and a shelf dedicated to different awards from the sports and several singing and cooking competitions lined the fine oak. Underneath the loft was a plethora of books organized on shelves, other unshelved books were in boxes around the area and lights were underneath the bed fraame's enclosure as well. Bean bags stacked up in the mini-library along with blankets made the room seem even more comfy, Chat had to fight the urge to nap on them. Another shelf full of snacks and energy drinks were in the corner, not to far from it was a pc set up that added to the room's aesthetic.

"Make yourself at home, Chat. You can raid the snack shelves if you like, I'll go up and read some on the bed, I can read to you if you like." She offered, his eyes went wide with Euphoria.

"Yay! Food!" He said childishly grabbing as many snacks and drinks as he could, he scampered up the ladder to the best of his ability. Now completely comfortable in the setting he snuggled up to Y/n like a 5 year old to their mother and waited for her to begin reading.

Y/n read page after page for Chat, he eventually dozed off, completely stuffed with chocolate croissants, cheetos and coke. Y/n fell asleep soon after, Chat had no nightmares that night.

His dreams had never been so peaceful.