Chapter 17 (Almost done with Shanghai, One more!)

(Once again, to anyone wanting the playlist just email me. My email is in my bio, don't be shy. I don't bite lol. Love you guys <3)

Cat Noir had dropped both Y/n and Felix off infront of the restuarant, prompting Wang to run and capture his grandniece in his arms. He squeezed the air from her lungs, tears running down from his face.

"Ladybug told me everything that happened, I'm so proud of you for helping that girl but please never do something like that without telling me first. Marinette, Adrien and I were worried sick! Wait, Where are your earrings?" Wang said, placing Y/n down.

"I sold them to help Fei," Y/n replied sitting down on a chair.

It seemed obvious that she did not want to talk about it. Wang shook his head, patting her shoulder with a new melancholy. Just what was so special about those earrings other than the price? Did theyold some sentimental value of some sort? Felix didn't get the chance to say a word to Y/n as she was bombarded by the presence of three young chinese boys.

"Y/nnnnnnnn, we are so glad you are okay!" Lian exclaimed as he tackled Y/n into a warm embrace.

Felix snarled, could he not get one damn word in on this whole trip??

"Get off, I need to talk to Y/n," He muttered.

The chocolate haired boy let go of the h/c-nette, telling his two friends to let the other's be in chinese. Felix pulled Y/n up to the second floor of the restuarant, he had many things he wanted to ask her about.

"You are so fucking stupid," He clutched her body close, small tears running down from the corners of his beautiful emerald green eyes, "if it wasn't for the bug and that idiotic cat you wouldn't be here. Don't jump in front of someone who doesn't deserve your attention again."

Y/n beamed, so Felix actually did care about her. She interlaced their fingers, the same winged angel that appeared before her when he was playing piano had come into existence again. Is that who Felix truly is? An angel who protects himself with the facade of a demon? Her heart had no intetion of asking in the warmth of the moment, instead she kissed his forehead.

"I won't I promise, just trust me. I have a feeling my decision has paid off well." She countered.

The blonde's eyes slit in suspicion, "I do not understand what you mean by that."

"I think in exchange for my sacrifice, I've gained a new friend." Y/n's gaze was no longer on him, instead it was focused on the window behind the two.

Reluctantly, Felix removed his hands from Y/n's waist. The full force of their previous engagement and his actions hitting him square in the chest, he erupted into a fit of coughs. His skin had turned a deep maroon as he fanned his face, parting his dress shirt collar from his neck. A single black butterfly was watching, it's wings lined with streaks of purple. It held a small box tied with white ribbon and an envelope of the same color.

Y/n slid the aperature open, inside the tiny insect flew. It dropped the box in the hands of the girl across from Felix, lading on her other hand's pointer finger.

"Hello, I thank you for the gift, Hawkmoth. I'm very appreciative of your kindness," She stated, unfolding the box wrapping.

She grinned, just as she had suspected.

"Thank you, you have no idea how much these earrings mean to me," She told the butterfly.

Felix unwrapped the letter, he read it aloud.

"Dear Ms. Dupain-Cheng,

I write this to suggest an alliance. I've considered this notion carefully as you saved my life in previous hours of the day.

As a thank you for your kind actions I wrote to you and returned your ever so precious jewels to your personnel. Join me, and I shall grant you your greatest

desires once the miraculous of ladybug and catnoir have been retrieved. In return for your services as a well as a place in my new world I shall grant you a

place by my side in said world. Write to me your answer soon.

Farewell, Hawkmoth."

Felix raised his head towards the stunned girl, "Are you going to take his offer?"

She sighed, eyes shifted towards the ground in thought. She then shook her head,

"As much as I'd like the peacock miraculous... I don't want to betray anyone. I've grown attached to the supers, this new world he speaks of is so mysterious. I'm unsure, I'll need more details and more time to think it over."

Felix nodded, 'The Peacock Miraculous?'

Just what did Y/n want with the mystical Brooch?

Y/n's pen glided across a small piece of paper, once she finished, the paper was stored in another small encasing and handed off to the akuma. Felix watched the girl clip her golden earrings back on, they were intricate and beautiful. No doubt a hidden gem across the world of jewelry, the wires curved around the back of the ear, a dragon laying ontop of said wires, the sparkling orbs made of rubies the color of blood. Felix's eyes twinkled at the sight of them; his fingers gently pushed back Y/n's hair to clear the view of the lovely gems.

"Where did you get these?" He asked, the girl's happy expression fell.

Her hand cupped his, she sat the blonde on the bed beside her, "You promise you won't tell anyone?"

He interlocked his fingers in her hair, laying his forehead against hers. His heart fluttered, he felt so free beside this girl... he barely knew her and yet his insides did backflips aat the mere thought of her by his side. He trembeled thinking about the look she gave him when he played Les Adieux for her on the piano, her kind words sent shivers down his entire body and electricity flowed through him at every touch. He stared deeply into her eyes, his brain hanging on every word that flowed from her lips.

He had never felt so alive in one moment, his heart fractured when she looked away. Instead, the crown of her cranium was rested upon his shoulder. He flushed the color of cherries as soon as he felt her graze him.

"When I was younger, I had a twin brother. He was my everything, he always had been.. when we were developing I had absorbed all of his nutrients for the most part, so he was born sickly. He was underweight for as long as he lived, he only lived to be one and a half. We lived here in Shanghai and I remember the one time he was allowed outside with us, it was late spring. The weather was perfect for him to be out and about with his condition. I was on top of papa's shoulders and we were just wondering across the streets trying to show him as much of our housing city as we could. We passed by this beautiful jewelry store, Marin saw these earrings in the shop window. The only words he ever said.. he pointed towards the jewels then me and said '漂亮'  (pretty).. he was gone two weeks later and then we left Shanghai for Paris. Papa opened his shop and the rest is history," Her eyes swiveled to the male's frame.

His face was hardened in stone, his fingers restrung themselves through her h/c colored locks, "I'm so sorry that happened to you. But he was right, you look beautiful with those earrings on. How about we go visit him tomorrow? Pay our respects, I'd love to meet your brother. If he's anything like you I bet he's an amazing guy."

"Really?!" She shot up out of the cuddly position they were in.

"Yes, I'll make sure I get to go with you, I promise." He replied.

Y/n pressed a kiss to his cheek, lighting up the blonde boy's heart.

"Thank you so much, Felix. You are so incredible."