Laughter

It felt like an eternity had passed with the three in the exact same places: Adrien nearly doubling over as he sobbed, (Y/N) knelt in front of him trying to provide some semblance of solace, and Luka, who was still sitting on the bed trying to find the right words. The only noises in the room came from Adrien's heavy sobs, a harsh reminder of the panic (Y/N) had felt minutes before his arrival. Luka was the first to move, joining (Y/N) on the floor and resting a hand on Adrien's shoulder as the blond hero sobbed, mourning any and all possibilities of having a relationship with his father. His father was hurting people, and for what? What could he possibly gain from ruining so many lives?

"A-Are you absolutely sure that-" Adrien whispered, his voice raw as he broke the silence "that he's the one who..."

(Y/N) could barely manage a nod, holding back a sob of their own "I'm so sorry, Adrien. I know what I saw and- I'm so sorry you have to find out like this,"

Luka sighed, his mind hazy as he tried to find the right words while the two talked.

"I'm sorry too- I mean, it's his fault your parents are dead. I should have paid more attention, maybe I could have-" Adrien started, his downward spiral imminent.

(Y/N) hugged him, Adrien's muscles freezing up at the contact before wrapping his arms around them too. "There's no reason to wonder about what we could have done differently, we can't second chance our way out of this one-" (Y/N) said with a small laugh, trying to make light out of the situation.

Adrien quirked a smile, a laugh escaping him too "I guess you're right." he started, laughing harder as (Y/N) joined him. Luka found himself laughing too, joining the hug in the mix of tears and howling laughter that now filled the room. "Oh, we're so fucked, huh?"

(Y/N) nodded, trying to catch their breath "so utterly and unbelievably fucked,"

"You think Ladybug is gonna pull her head out of her ass and helps when she finds out?" Luka offered, starting the shifting on Marinette train.

Adrien busted out laughing again "my father has done a lot of things, but he's not a miracle worker."

"I think it's more likely for him to actually get our miraculouses than Marinette to get her shit together." (Y/N) sighed, a small smile on their lips. They never liked talking bad about people, but Marinette had definitely earned it.

"Ouch, didn't think you hated her that much" Adrien said, a joking grin on his face.

"I try not too, but she's so obsessive and when she's in her hero form she does everything in her power to not do anything like she's protesting being a fucking superhero when she could literally give it up." (Y/N) was getting a little heated, yes, they always thought these things, but they never said them out loud. Luka was a little surprised at (Y/N)'s honesty. "And what's with the acting like everything isn't her fault? God, she pisses me off."

Adrien laughed "I dated her, I feel you."

"I got led on and rejected by her. I feel you too" Luka said.

The rest of the night was filled with laughter and some good old healthy shit talking, not all about Marinette, of course. But the three chose to find solace in eachother and their company, taking a moment to ignore the storm inevitably heading their way. Some say laughter is the best medicine, and Luka was beginning to believe there was some merit to that.