Lean On Us (The End)

Adrien cried when he opened his gifts while Luka insisted (Y/N) didn't need to spend so much on his. Adrien looked at (Y/N) through misty eyes while they laughed and shrugged off Luka's protests. He'd never met someone who remembered such small details about a person before, yet here he was holding about the most thoughtful gifts he'd ever received. He watched, biting back his smile while he watched Luka's anxiety turn into a childish delight at all of his gifts thanks to (Y/N)'s reassurance.

Luka spent the rest of the day playing on his new guitar, insisting he write a few new songs on it before putting it down. Adrien couldn't help but smile so he pulled out his keyboard while (Y/N) cheered them on. Their laughter was a song (Y/N) never wanted to stop.

***

Owen and Milo came home and scooped the boys in their arms, dragging (Y/N) in for a family hug. They talked on and on about the trip while they cooked dinner, and (Y/N) could finally feel themselves breathe.

Something was always going wrong since they lost their parents, but they could finally feel that pain fade. (Y/N) looked around the kitchen, seeing their dad's cooking and their boyfriends sprawled on the floor of the living room working. They didn't know why it hit them when they did, or how they felt so complete. But something about the puzzle finally clicked into place. They worried, they hurt, but they were okay.

Luka and Adrien grinned at eachother, running into the kitchen to drag (Y/N) into the living room to show them their new song.

"I know you hate working titles, but we thought 'lean on us' was pretty good." Adrien grinned while Luka nodded.

"Its...for you." Luka murmured "since you've done so much for us."

(Y/N) giggled in delight as the boys started to play. This was their life, They had their boys, they found their home in Luka and unexpectedly found a home in Adrien.

(Y/N) imagined what their future would look like with their boys while their fingers danced across their instruments, how college would be and what their home might look like. What used to fill them with anxiety now filled them with nothing but excitement.

(Y/N) only figured out two things as the boys played. One, They would be fine.

But they knew for sure their future would be filled with music.

***

(A/N: you read the title right, this is the end for "lean on us" BUT I have other projects and am in the process of planning out a much more cohesive sequel should you guys want it. One to use all the delicious plot I set up for future use Thank you guys so much for all of your support these last two years, and I hope to see you guys when this story continues in the sequel, more info on that to come should enough people ask for it <3)

(You all deserve the world, and I hope this story made you as happy as it made me to write it)