44. JULIET AND WOUNDS FROM THE PAST

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

December 1975

The teenagers ended up losing sight of James at some point. He slowed down, most probably due to being tired and they were worried they would struggle to find him now.

Well, Juliet was worried. Peter and Sirius were so calm they fell asleep. But, the awake couple weren't going to complain, they had some time to themselves.

Remus was laying down on Juliet's lap. Her hand was on his chest, soothingly and carefully rubbing the wounded area covered by his bandages and clothes. The werewolf had his eyes closed while she was still looking out of the window.

"This is nice," he started, "I feel like i haven't had you to myself in a while."

"We were together just yesterday, Remus." Juliet laughed softly, careful not to wake up the two boys across from them.

"That was different, I was wounded and you were babying me."

"You're still hurt and literally laying down on me." She pointed out, teasingly.

"You know what I mean," he mumbled in annoyance, then suddenly opened his eyes and asked, "am I heavy?"

"No, love, you're fine."

His heart raced at the endearment. He had noticed that Juliet did not seem to be one to express her love with affectionate words. She would show it with various actions. Allowing physical touch, spending time with her loved ones, doing anything for them without them requiring her to; those were her love language.

And even though words of affirmation were not something she knew how to use without making it look awkward, she still managed to reassure him and make his heart race with barely one sentence. She knew her way to his head and heart.

Not that he was complaining.

"What are you going to do about James?" He questioned.

"What can I do?" She sighed. "I'll just tell my parents so they can maybe apparate near him and bring him home? We'll find away. I just hope he'll be okay until then."

"James is a big boy, he can handle himself." She didn't look convinced. "He'll be okay, don't worry."

"Is it weird? We're not even that close anymore and I'm here worrying he won't ever come back home."

"You're twins, it doesn't matter if you drifted away at some point because you have a bond you can't possibly undo." He said, staring up at her, "and I think you're just seeing things from his point of view."

"James is dramatic." She agreed and he hummed. She then glanced at Sirius sleeping with his mouth open and drool coming out. "No wonder they get along so well."