09.

Chapter nine
Camilas pov:

I'm not actually sure what happened yesterday. One minute I just wanted to leave as quickly as possible, but then the next minute I actually didn't mind Lucas' presence. I haven't fully forgiven him yet, and I know I'm probably overreacting about the whole Carlos party thing and the Maria and Blair thing, and him telling everyone I'm a foster kid, but I can't help but still feel hurt about it. I think we've turned over a new leaf though, and to be honest I do hope we can be friends.

Looking out my window, I don't intend to look at Lucas' but my eyes are drawn there when I notice him sitting on his bed, with Blair on his lap, seducing him or something. For some reason he has a sort of stern face on, and I'm not sure why. It melts seconds later, and they start heavily making out. That's when shut my blinds; I do not need to see them doing the dirty on a Sunday morning.

The melodic voice of Jess flows up the stairs as she calls me down.

Entering the dining room, I see Maria chowing down on their freshly baked waffles, made by Jess I imagine. There was another spot made up, with a coffee and one waffle, just the way I like it. Smiling gratefully, I sit down and begin eating.

Carlos has already gone off with mark, who can also play basketball, and is now teaching Carlos how to play so he can join the school team.

"So Camila, we're having company over tonight, and I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping to buy a dress or something for yourself, it's nothing really special, but I want you to be able to treat yourself sometimes." Jess says, I furrow my eyebrows and shake my head.

"I can't, I don't have a job yet."

She shrugs, "You can just borrow some money from me."

Sighing, I pick up my plate and rinse it with soap and water, then finish my coffee and repeat the process, "Jess, I can't keep spending your money."

"Tell you what, you go out today and buy yourself something, and I'll get you to work a couple of night shifts at the restaurant." She says, pulling out some money and handing it to me.

I try to argue more, but it's no use. So I texted Lydia and asked if she wanted to come, she was ecstatic, and clearly has been wanting to do this for a while.

Then Maria complained that she couldn't come, I got roped into taking her. So now I'm driving to the mall in Jess's car, which I picked up yesterday after dropping Lucas home. It was a fairly long walk but it helped clear my head, and besides, a little walking in the city never killed anyone. I love the city honestly, everything's happening at once and you just get lost in the crowd, nobody knows anyone else's business because they don't give a fuck. It's great, you get to blend in. There are an awful lot of cars speeding past though, it's hard not to get hit.

Anyways, I really need to start saving up for a car, which means I have to get a job. Maybe I'll just work at Jess's restaurant; I think that would be fun. Arriving at the mall, I reiterate what I had told her before we left the house: not to be a hassle, not to run off, and not to annoy Lydia to much.

Usually I would be so serious of what my sister does in public because she's a child of course and you can't expect her to be a little poster kid, but I don't want her to make things kind of awkward with me and Lydia.

I had told Maria and Carlos everything that went down with me and Lucas, I didn't exaggerate or lie. See, Maria has a wild imagination, which is a good thing, obviously, but she likes to twist things to make someone seem worse than they actually are. I didn't actually say anything bad about Lydia, Charlie, and Danny, but I did mention that they were Lucas' best friends, so, to Maria, that means they're evil.

I did however let both of my siblings know that him and I have somewhat formed a newfound friendship, and I don't want them to hold a grudge against him. I don't think my words did anything though. Oh well, whatever they say I'm sure he won't take it to heart, they're just kids.

Nodding her head in understanding, Maria jumps out of the car, eagerly awaiting the time to meet Lydia.

Gripping Maria's hand firmly, we wind in and out of surprisingly fast paced cars, haphazardly navigating our way through the traffic of the parking lot.

A/N

hey guys!! i'm sorry this is so short and i haven't updated in forever

i felt like i owed it to you guys to give you a chapter so i hope this one was okay

i haven't had power in like 1 and a half days so i'm sorry, it's only just come back on

i couldn't rlly write and i didn't want to waste my data that i had to hotspot to my laptop or my power on my phone and laptop so yea hahah

the chapters will be shorter from now on so that you can get more chapters oftener

let me know what you thought of this one byeee

- juniper x