11.

CHAPTER 11:
Camila:

By the time I had changed clothes, and walked out of the stall, Blair and her friends had left. Thank god. I'd decided to buy the dress, even though plenty of judgemental comments were said. I don't care though, today is one of the rare days that I actually feel confident, and I'm not going to throw that away.

Although I would have loved to hang out with Charlie for a while longer, he left to first pick up his little sister from her dance class, and the. go hang out with Danny and Lucas. That's okay though, because me and Lydia decided to go back to my house. I'll admit, it's somewhat nerve-racking having her over at my house, but I'm going to have to have people over eventually, so I might as well take the first step today.

———

We're walking up towards my front door, and I'm laughing, loudly. I'm genuinely smiling and having a good time. Not to sound melodramatic, but if I'm being honest, this is a rare occurrence. It's not like I've never had fun before, because I have, but I truly haven't felt this happy since before my mom died.

As I open the door, Maria rushes past Lydia and I to go see her stuffed animals. She had told us on the drive that she didn't say goodbye to her toys, and was very worried that they would hate her from now on. So, I imagine she's rushing to them in order to make amends. Lydia snorts, smiling as she temporarily looses balance from Maria's pushing.

"Woah! Your house is awesome!" Lydia exclaims, a massive smile stretching across her freckled face. I agree. This house is massive; it's at least triple the size compared to the others we've stayed at.

"Have you really never been here before?" I question, shocked, considering Jess and Mark seem to be very involved with everyone in this town.

She shakes her head, "Nope." Lydia places down a what seems to be expensive trinket that was on the mantle above the fireplace, "I've only seen the outside, and a little bit of what I could see through the front door whenever it was open."

I simply hum in response, and guide Lydia towards my 'room'; I still don't feel comfortable admiring that it is actually my room, because I don't know if it will last.

By now, Maria is in a deep conversation with her stuffed animals at the end of the hall. I can tell, because her door is wide open, and the sound of her cheerful voice is echoing, bounding off of every wall and landing in my ears. Even though she's been through so much at such, she's still happy, and that makes me more glad than anyone could every know. No one should have their blissful youth and innocence taken away at such a young age.

I open the door to my room, and go in, Lydia follows quickly behind me. But the second she enters, her mouth gapes open, gawking at something.

Furrowing my eyebrows and tilting my head, I say, "What?" To which she does nothing but lifting her arm up, and pointing her finger towards the direction of my window. "Oh," is all I say. Lucas, shirtless, and Blair in nothing but a bra and panties, sitting on his lap.

Lydia runs to the window sticking her head out of it, she yells, "LUCAS! Close your fucking blinds you weirdo!"

Lucas practically throws Blair off of his lap, rushing to close his blinds.

Lydia shudders, and turns back around to me, who is  pulling the most disgusted face. "How many times has that happened?" She asks.

"You don't want to know." I say, to which she fake gags, and rolls her eyes.

"Yuck," She comments, before sitting down in my desk chair, spinning it towards my bed, where I've just sat down. A sly grin makes its way onto her face,"So, you wanna do face masks?"

———

Some hours have past, and we're now both laying in my bed, giggling. I don't even know what we're talking about, it's just random things. Though, I have noticed, that whenever I mention Danny's name, a blush creeps onto her cheeks, so I just come out and ask it. "Do you have feelings for Danny?" I ask her, anticipating the answer she's going to give maybe.

Lydia's lips curve up, "Maybe?" She says it quietly, as if he was actually in the room, and could hear her.

I gasp, throwing a pillow at her, "I knew it!" I say, excited about the fact that a new relationship could be in the making.

"Do. Not. Tell. Anyone." She says, throwing the pillow back at me, her face suddenly stern.

"Your secrets safe with me," and she falls off the bed. She was sitting at the end, so it wasn't hard to do, but still.

I laugh, climbing the the end to where she's now laying. Her legs are still rested on the side, but her waist up is laying flat on the ground. She's smiling, her eyes closed, and she lets out a deep sigh. "I really, really, maybe do like him."

I snort, and use all of the little upper body strength I have to pull her back onto the bed.

———

We talked about him and her some more, before it came close to the time I had to get ready for the dinner. Her dad texted her, letting her know that it was time to come home as she had homework to do, and he was already mad at her for getting a detention, so now it's just me.

I'm standing in front of the bathroom mirror, applying a simple amount of make up: concealer, mascara, lipgloss and a tiny bit of highlighter. I truly envy people who can do their makeup all fancy and amazing looking, because I am most definitely not one of them.

I'm in the dress I bought today. I like it a lot. It's short, but long enough that I can sit with light having to pull it down, and it's tight, but not so tight that it makes me feel insecure for the lack of a thin waist, and large boobs.

I hear the doer bell ring, and Marks voice travelling up the stairs. They're here.

———
A/N

this chapter is mainly a filler, and i though it would be cute to have some lydia x camila scenes.

this is what i kind of imagine camis dress to look like, but you can also come up with ur own imagine however you want 🫶🏻🫶🏻

-juniper x