51

STILL THE FLASHBACK

Harry pounded on the door. Niall's parents were out, so Niall was probably sleeping in or playing videogames.

The door flew open, revealing Niall, fresh out of the shower with only sweatpants on, looking worried and scared.

"Harry?!" he gasped

The boy was a mess. No shoes on, puffy eyed, tears streaming, snot running, sobbing loudly, lips quivering, and clutching a box of crackers to his chest. 

Niall grabbed the curly headed boy and held him to his chest. He held him tight and rocked him. After standing in the doorway for 5 minutes, Niall just picked Harry up and let the green eyed boy wrap his arms and legs around him, keeping himself held up while Niall shut the front door.

"You're alright, Harry. I'm here and I always will be, no matter what" Niall whispered as he kept his arms around Harry's back and carried him up to his bedroom

He set him gently on the bed and started taking off his clothes. Not in any form of sexual way, just so he could change and be more comfortable. He took Marshal's hoodie off his body. Then he pulled his sweatpants off his legs. He took off his dirty socks. 

"Let's lay down, babe" Niall whispered as he picked up a fuzzy blanket.

Harry shuffled back on the bed and laid down, still a blubbering mess, and Niall slid into the bed with him. 

They covered up and Niall cuddled Harry. 

Niall was freshly showered, still only wearing sweats, and he smelled like peaches and pineapple and home. 

Harry, now only in boxers, spelled of spicy cologne. It was Marshal's cologne. So, Harry berried his face in Niall's chest and only inhaled his best friend's scent, trying his best to forget everything that had happened in the past 30 minutes.

"We'll be alright" Niall  whispered

***********