Quest for Father

I was walking down the long dark hallway down to the priciple's office. When I finally get down to the room that smelled like coffee and paperwork, I knock on the door and he opens it. "Mrs. Katie, what are you doing here this fine day?" he asks rolling his eyes. "This is the fifth time this week and it's only Wednesday." he says. "I'm sorry. I was being disruptful in Ms. Williams class. Ugh." I say sitting down in the black comfy chair across from him. "Let's check your grades." he says. "Ok, but don't be surprised when you're not satisfied." I say, grabbing a pen from off his desk and start flipping it around in my hand. "50, 40, 30, 20, 50, what has been going on with your grades? Come on you're in 10th grade you will never get into college with these grades." he says. "I'm sorry it won't happen again." I say, obviously lying. "You've had very good grades, but ever since your dad died-" "He's not dead! How could you ever say that?!" I screamed, cutting him off. "I know death can be really hard at times, but you're just going to have to get over it." he says. "You heartless loser. You wouldn't understand because you don't have a family of your own." I say, fighting back tears. "I do have a family, my daughter is in your class..." he says. "I think this conversation is over." I say getting up and slamming the door behind me as I walked out.

When I walk to my class, my boyfriend is standing by the water fountain. "Hey sweetie, What's wrong?" he asks, kissing my cheek. "The principal just told me that my dad was dead." I say almost choking on the word, "dead". "But he's not dead." he says. "I know. That's kind of the point." I say. "School is over in an hour." he says. "Do you want to walk home with me mr. Justin?" I ask, nudging his elbow. "Sure. Well we do live down the street from each other." he smiles. "Maybe you can stay a little to play with baby Ariana!" I suggest. "I'll be more than happy." he says. Justin and I have been dating for two years. We have been best friends since we were born since our mothers are best friends since they were little.