Chapter 7

"Do you want me to stay or go home?" Justin asks, holding me in his arms. "I don't know, you're mom is probably wondering where you are." I say, still sniffling. "What's your biggest fear?" He asks. "Having to explain to her when she's older, why both her parents left her with her stupid sister that doesn't know what to do." I reply. "She's lucky to have a great sister that cares about her more than anyone else." he says, putting Ariana on the bed. "What is wrong with my mother?" I ask, sliding down the wall until get to the floor. "I don't know but I just know that you're strong." he says. "Lets just go to your house real quick. I forgot my gym bag there anyways." I suggest standing up. "Sure." He agrees, picking up Ariana. We walk to his house and he opens the door. 4 of the kids are watching tv, most of the older ones, and the other 3 kids are in the bed I'm guessing. His mom walks down the stairs hugging her son she hadn't seen since the morning. "Hello Katie! How are you?" she asks. "I could do better, but I'm fine." I reply. "Where's your mother?" she wonders. How am I supposed to know? "She's at home, I just needed to get my gym bag and anyways Ariana needed some fresh air." I say. "Can I hold her for a moment?" she asks, reaching over towards Ariana. "Sure." I agree as I pass her over to his mother. "Hi there Ari!" she coos. Justin rolls his eyes and then grabs my hand and pulls me upstairs. "Ok. We have to be quick, you have to get to bed babe." he says, handing me the papers. "I'll see you tomorrow." I say, and kiss him softly on the lips. "I love you Katie." his green eyes peering into mine. I run downstairs, take Ariana from his mom, and go home. 

****THE NEXT MORNING****

"Good morning baby." I whisper to Ariana. She reaches her arms out, telling me to take her out of her crib. I walk down the stairs, and sit Ariana in the high chair. "DING DONG" Rushing to the door, I almost trip, but keep my balance. "Hello?" I ask, opening it. "Hey babe. How was the first night?" Justin asks. "Pretty good, you can come in. I'm just making her some food." I say, closing the door. "Hi sweetie!" he says, picking her up. I have to warm the milk, and while its heating up, I ask him to feed her and then run up the stairs to take a quick shower. Looking into the mirror, I sigh. I look terribly tired, and the dark marks under my eyes aren't helping anything. 

When I walk down the stairs, Ariana is already fed, cleaned, and has changed clothes. "Well I guess that wasn't such a quick shower." I say. "No you're fine." he says. We walk out the door and drop her off at her daycare.

"I've been thinking." I start, after we walk out of the door. "What about?" he asks. "Um do you think it would be ok if I go on a mission?" I say. "By yourself?!" he asks, almost screaming. "Yes?" I hesitate. "No way, what if something happens to you? What if you get killed? I don't think that's a good idea." he shakes his head. "Why not? I know all around town, you know its small. I might can find my mom." I say, trying to convince him. "I still don't think you should go, you know the crazy people out here in the world." he says. I look into his eyes, and they flicker to dark green, with anger. "Don't worry about me, I'll call you everyday and tell you where I am." I reassure him by rubbing his shoulder. "You think I'll be ok with you running away just because your parents made stupid mistakes?" he asks. I was hoping that. "Why won't you let me go?" I ask. "BECAUSE I CARE!" he screams, tears streaming out of his eyes. "I JUST DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU!!" I step back, with shock on my face. Justin wasn't the one to yell, and definitley not the one to cry. "I'm sorry, just please don't leave me." he cries, hugging me.