Chapter 10

"Hello Ms. Kate." The guy from the van wakes me up. "What?" "Lets not get feisty today honey. Get up." He growls, grabbing my arm and yanking me up. Garrett's eyes flutter open and he jumps to his feet. "Take this girl to the kitchen." He commands the slightly scared boy, shoving me towards him. "Um yes sir." We walk through the building, the walls are all gray and the paint scraped off. A girl walks past the two of us, her face dark and sad, sending chills all over my body.

"Well today's special is eggs and mystery meat... I'm guessing." he smiles, handing me a tray full of it. I check my phone and have a lot of missed calls from Justin. With a sigh I slide it in my jeans, and pick at my food. "You have to eat." He tells me. "No I don't. I'm fine. I'm just trying to find a way to get out of this mad house." I reply, looking around for any escape routes. "That will take a while. Here, take this." He says, handing me an energy bar. "Where did you get this?" "I know a few people." He whispers, a smirk on his face. A scarf it down, and stand up. Maybe a little too quickly because the room starts spinning. "Are you okay?" he asks, grabbing my arm. "Yeah, just give me a moment." I breathlessly spit out. "Take this girl to her room." The man from the van says, grabbing my arm.

Its been three hours since breakfast, and Ethan and I are sitting on the floor, waiting for something to happen. Breaking the silence, my phone rings. "Hello?" "Hey babe its Justin." "I'm so happy to hear your voice." I sigh with relief. "Where are you? I've been looking everywhere." He says, and I can hear the frown in his voice. Honestly I don't know, but I don't want to tell him that. "I'm out. Don't come looking for me either. Please. It'll be best if you don't." "No. You can't stop me. I'm coming to find you. You're my only thing I love in the world. You're my everything." And with that, he hangs up.