The Puffball Secret (Meta Knight X Reader)

(Published: April 22nd, 2022)

(Last Modified: May 28th, 2022) 

~

[Y/N].. that's a name that no one in dreamland recognizes anymore, but once mentioned and 30 minutes later their like, "oh i once remember that miserable guy." why, well it's because of a mistake that unfortunately happened 2 years back in the past.

[Y/N] was a human, but they first appeared as a puffball when they were born, and their parents didn't want anyone to see [Y/N]'s puffball side.. their parents had a machine to transform a puffball into a humanized person.. but after using it, there will be some problems, like if you get hurt too much, and suddenly you'll get into your puffball form and never recover, it was only for one time and then it's gone.

[Y/N] was 16 years old and living with their parents nearby the riverside on top of a mountain, pretty far from the village in dreamland, and there's a dead log that was close enough to the river is where [Y/N] usually sits in and thinks about their life decisions, and they had a creepy basement.

Their parents were strict, and there was one rule that [Y/N] always tried to listen too.

"Do not lose blood, or they'll see the real side of you and than I have to lock you forever in the basement." [Y/N] always nodded on that rule.

However, that rule wasn't kept unbroken as promised.

[Y/N] was friends with a bunch of people, Marx, Kirby, Magolor, Bandana Waddle Dee, And Escargoon.. but the one that they were really close with is Meta Knight.

They all loved playing tag with each other, and [Y/N] loves being the tallest one around the group because they're the only one who's human, or are they?

Their never showed or talked about their puffball side, no one even knew.

[Y/N] doesn't really care about their puffball side, but only about a new ability when aging 18, as of that time they were 16.

Their puffball identity never shown until one day, when they were fighting a beast, a ninja actually.. [Y/N] was also participating, but their parents usually doesn't want [Y/N] to get hurt when being on these typical fights, but it's fine to participate.

Because they spent a lot of time practising with Meta Knight and were never even harmed once.

It was only the first day of that practise that was horrifying and a big worry.

The ninja threw a shuriken directly across [Y/N]'s chest which puts a big hole on their chest, everyone stopped paying attention to the ninja and looked at [Y/N] in shock and upset. [Y/N] looked at their chest, "youch.." they said, before fainting heavily to the grass, it was like game over for [Y/N].

Their body started glowing and that's where everyone was even more surprised, "what's happening?" Tiff said. Tuff cowering behind Meta Knight.. their parents looked outside noticing [Y/N].. they both facepalmed and was about to go mad mode.

Meanwhile, [Y/N]'s true identity and form was shown.. a blue puffball.

"That's impossible." Tuff said, and everyone gasped.. so [Y/N]'s human form broke.. before the blue puffball opened their eyes, "w-why is everyone looking at me?" They said in a horrible tone.

The ninja chuckled and soon ran to the forest.

everyone was silent. until [Y/N] realized what happened to their body.. they started to hiss in pain, "my parents.. t-they're gonna kill me.." they whispered.. "you were a puffball this whole time, that's fine too me." Marx said. "Que?" Meta knight said. "Poyo poyo?" Kirby replied..