Immobile

Grian POV

     No no no no! Pull up pull up! My elytra broke mid-flight. I was plummeting to the ground. I was trying to go to the Sahara meeting, but it broke just before I made it. Now I'm dropping at ridiculous speeds, the wind wizzing past me. 

     This isn't good. . . 

     I crashed through the window of the Sahara meeting room. My body screamed out in pain. I skidded on the floor, the glass digging into my skin. Ow. 

     The last thing I saw before it went dark was Iskall's panicked face. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

     I awoke. I survived? I opened my eyes. This is Xisuma's base. I survived. 

     I pushed myself into a sitting position, blinking furiously, trying to get used to the light. The movement woke Mumbo, who was asleep in a chair next to me. 

     "Your awake!" He cried happily. "How are you feeling?" He looked as if he wanted to hug me, but didn't want to hurt me more. 

     "Like I was blown up into pieces and stitched back together with glue." In other words, not good. 

     "What happened?" He asked. "Iskall said you crashed through the window of the meeting room. I wasn't there, I was late again." 

     "My elytra broke mid-flight." I winced at the memory, then internally winced at the pain that came from moving. "I was so close to making it. A few more seconds and I would have been fine." 

     "Ok. You should probably get some rest." Mumbo told me. "More rest means you'll heal faster!" 

     "One thing before you go." I stopped him. 

     "What is it?" He asked me. 

     "Why can't I feel my legs?" His face fell. My blood went cold at the reaction. "Mumbo why can't I feel my legs?" The panic in my voice was clear. 

     He looked at me with pure pity. My heart was now beating in my throat. What could be that bad that he would look at me like that? 

     "Mumbo." I begged. "Please tell me!" 

     He took a breath. "Your spine is broken. You can't move or feel underneath the break." 

     What? He has to be joking. After a few days, I'll be back up and at it! I'll be walking again, and I will be able to move my legs. 

     I looked at him. He's not joking. 

     What do I do now?