You Don't Know

Grian POV

     "GRIAN!" Doc voice cut through my sleep. I blink my eyes rapidly. 

     "What?" I mumble groggily. What does he want? 

     "Why did you cover Area 77 in lava!" Doc screamed at me. What? I didn't do that! 

     "Uhh, because I didn't? What are you talking about?" I state, confused. Who would use lava in a prank? It destroys stuff too much! 

     "Oh really? Who else would do this then?" He grabbed my sweater and backed me against the wall. 

     "Woah, calm down! I don't know who would do that, but it wasn't me!" I defend myself. Why doesn't he believe me? 

     "Ugh, I'm not in the mood for this. I will get revenge! You will regret this!" Doc swore. 

     "Doc, I didn't do anything!" I called out as he stormed out of my base. 

     "You liar!" Doc whipped around and threw a stone at me. It hits me in the head. I collapse on the ground, and my ears start ringing. Oww. . . 

.

.

.

     I wake up to the sounds of explosions. What is that. . ? 

     I slowly get up to see what's left of my base crumbling to the ground. I snap out of my sleepy stupor in horror. 

     "I told you that you would regret it!" Doc snarled. My base! A single charred feather floats to the ground. ARI! NO! 

     "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING YOU PSYCHOPATH! YOU KILLED ARI!" I cry out a half broken sob. Ari. . . How could he! 

     Tears fall out of my eyes as I start to break. My base, my pets, my stuff, it's all gone. It's all gone because Doc doesn't believe me. 

     "You deserve this and you know it. Stop crying, you look like an idiot. Oh wait, you are one." With that, he takes off, and leaves me in the burning wreckage I used to call home. 

.

.

.

     Mumbo and Iskall excitedly chitter about the redstone contraption that they made. They notice me and wave. 

     "Hey Grian!" Mumbo calls me over. I turn away. I'm not in the mood right now. 

     "Grian?" Mumbo says. I look back at him. He stares at me for a moment, and then turns away dejectedly. Iskall gives me a cold glare. He then makes an attempt to cheer Mumbo up, and Mumbo laughs. Nice to know I'm not needed, I think bitterly. 

     I take off with my elytra. I land in my ruins of a base, and just as I touch down, my communicator buzzes. 

[Iskall85] what is wrong with you grian? 

[xisumavoid] what did he do? 

[Iskall85] he made mumbo cry 

[xisumavoid] is this true grian? 

[Grian] i dont know, i wasnt there. ask mumbo 

[xisumavoid] is this true mumbo? 

[MumboJumbo] yes 

[xisumavoid] why would you do that? 

[Grian] i would like to know why doc blew up my base, but we cant have all the answers can we 

[xisumavoid] doc blew up your base??? 

[Doc77] he lavad area 77 

[Grian] no i didnt! i told you a million times that i didnt! 

[xisumavoid] grian, i dont tolerate lying 

[Grian] IM NOT LYING! WHY DOES NO ONE BELIEVE ME? 

[xisumavoid] grian, dont throw a tantrum. your more mature than this. 

     Does really no one believe me? They all think I'm a bad person, don't they. . . maybe I am. . . I guess I have to be if everyone thinks so. 

[Grian] do you all really think of me like that? 

[xisumavoid] grian! i said stop with the tantrum! 

[Grian]. . . 

[Grian] i guess that answers my question. . . 

[xisumavoid] grian? what are you talking about? 

[Grian] you all hate me, dont you? 

[xisumavoid] of course not, why would you say that? 

[Grian] oh how i wonder why. are you kidding? 

[MumboJumbo] grian, there is absolutely no way i would hate you, even if lavaing area 77 was too far. 

     I put the communicator on the floor. I walk a few paces away, but stop. I look back. I bring my foot up, and smash it down, successfully obliterating the device. 

     No one believes me, so I guess there's no reason for me to stay. 

.

     I touch down at the hub portal. Mumbo and Xisuma run up to me. Mumbo grabs my arm, but I pull away. 

     "Grian! Why did you break your communicator? You made me worried sick!" He scolds me. Always with the scolding, aren't you Mumbo. 

     "Why would you be?" I mutter, half under my breath. 

     "What are you talking about?" Mumbo asks me confusedly. 

     "I'm leaving Hermitcraft." I declare. I scornfully add, "It's obvious you don't want me here anyway." 

     "I'll always want you here! Why are you leaving?" He ignorantly asks. Tears brim in his eyes, and X lets out a small gasp, before pulling out his communicator. Mumbo's communicator buzzes once, and then both X's and Mumbo's start buzzing like crazy, a little out of sync. 

     "You really have the audacity to ask me that!" I snap. "You really just asked me that." A few hermits start landing nearby. 

     "Goodbye Mumbo. It was fun for a while." I walk into the portal. 

     "GRIAN! We can talk about this! You don't have to leave!" Mumbo makes a last attempt to keep me here. 

     I look him dead in the eye. 

     "You don't know what it's like." 

Wow. That is SO far away from the original idea, that I don't actually know how I got here. Nice though. 

Mumbo and Iskall pin the blame on Grian as a prank, but it escalates when Grian finds out no-one believes that he didn't do it. Grian has a breakdown, and stops pranking entirely. Everyone starts noticing this, and wonders why. Grian starts getting depressed because he never has any fun at all, and has another breakdown, this one, Iskall and Mumbo are there for. They feel terrible. They apologize. Grian doesn't forgive them, and says "You don't know what it's like."