Second Chances | Peter Parker

✍ Summary: Peter is not used to not getting attention from you. So, when you get a little too preoccupied with studying for your exams - he becomes desperate | 3.1k

🧧 Warnings: Cheating, a very angry Gwen Stacy

To say exam week wasn't the most stressful week in a student's life would be an understatement.

You knew that you had to ace all of your exams for this school year, especially if you wanted to increase your chances of getting into your dream college in London.

That's how you ended up hunched over your textbook and all of your chemistry notes while you tried your best to memorize how to calculate the electron configuration.

A small knock came on your window, you didn't need to look up to see who it was.

"Come in!" you called out, not looking up from your notes as you wrote down something.

You heard your window slide open, followed by a small thud as he entered.

"Hey princess." Peter greeted, kissing you on the cheek.

"Hey." You answered, still not looking up from your work.

Peter's brows furrowed, usually you would've jumped up and hugged him tightly or at least given him a smile along with the greeting, he must've done something wrong.

"Are you mad at me or something?" He asked, quietly.

This finally caused you to look up at him, giving him a look of confusion, "What?"

He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, "I mean, I must've done something wrong because you're awfully... quiet."

You chuckled, standing up to properly kiss him on the cheek, "I'm not. I'm sorry, Pete. I'm just so stressed about studying for the exams next week."

"Don't worry about it." Peter smiled, relieved that you weren't mad at him.

"What do you say that you take a break and we get out of here for a while." He suggested.

"Pete," You trailed a finger along his chest, "as much as I want to - I really need to focus and my parents will kill me if they see me leaving."

He chuckled, shaking his head, "They don't need to see you leave."

Before you could respond, you heard a knock on your door.

You opened it a crack, seeing your older sister, Gwen, standing there, "I brought you some hot coco."

You carefully took the steaming cup from her, "Thanks."

"You know," she said, giving you a subtle wink, "It wouldn't hurt to take a break from time to time - wouldn't want to burn yourself out right before an exam, right?"

You laughed, "I'll keep that in mind." then you closed the door.

Placing the cup of coco on your table, you turned to your boyfriend who was standing there with a knowing smile.

You playfully rolled your eyes, "Fine. But just an hour."

You would never get used to the feeling of the adrenaline rush along with the wind blowing through your hair while you held on to your boyfriend as he swung from building to building throughout New York city.

He landed on the top of the Empire State building. The two of you sat by the edge of the railing, Peter's arm holding you securely by the waist so that you wouldn't fall.

You rested your head on his shoulder, enjoying the sight of the sun painting the sky with orange and red hues.

"I'm sorry in advance if I don't give you much attention for the next few days." you said, looking up at your boyfriend, "My parents said that if I want to have a higher chance of getting into my dream college then I would have to get high grades on the exams."