Puppy Love | Peter Parker

✍ Summary: When your best friend meets your furry friend. You start to realize your feelings for him, especially when the three of you look like a happy little family. | 2.4k

There were three things that Peter loved the most in the whole wide world.

One, you. Two, Aunt May. Three, Photography and Science (it was a tie).

Little did he know that a fourth one was coming to meet him when he arrived at your apartment.

Peter landed swiftly on the balcony by your window. Peeking, he saw your bedroom was empty so he lifted up the window and decided to let himself in.

Not that you minded anyway, he is your best friend.

The moment his feet landed on the hardwood floor, a fluffy brown dog suddenly appeared. Tilting its head to the side as if assessing Peter from head to toe, the dog started to bark.

"Oh no." He muttered, for a moment he thought that he had come into the wrong apartment - but looking around, he knew that this was your room.

"Easy boy." Peter said, holding his hands in front of him as if the dog would pounce on him at any given minute, "Nice dog."

The dog just blinked at him before starting to bark louder.

"What's going on in there?" You asked, walking into the room as you heard the barks of your dog.

The moment you saw the scene in your bedroom, you had to try very hard to stifle your laughter.

"Hey!" Peter complained, "How could you laugh at me while that dog is trying to attack me?"

This time you couldn't hold it back anymore, "I'm sorry! But, you're spiderman. You practically fight criminals the police have a hard time finding and you're scared of a dog?!"

He rolled his eyes at you, "I'm not scared of dogs. I love dogs. But, I'm not fond of dogs who bark at me like I'm some sort of intruder while silently threatening me with their eyes."

You chuckled, making your way to your best friend's side as you knelt down to your dog's level, "Don't worry about him. This is Peter, he's my best friend."

Your dog made its way towards you, slightly panting as it nuzzled its head on your hand.

Peter knelt down beside you, causing your dog to look at him before climbing onto his lap.

"See?" You smiled as Peter gently stroked his fur, "She likes you."

"She?" He chuckled, looking fondly at the little furball in his lap who was giving him puppy dog eyes the minute he stopped stroking her fur, "No wonder you got mad at me, you're a girl."

"What's her name?" He asked, turning his attention back to you.

You shrugged, "I haven't given her a name yet because I just got her from the puppy pound this morning. But, Samantha does sound nice."

Peter gave you a look as if you had just dropped the moon, "Samantha? Seriously?"

"Why? What's wrong with Samantha?" You asked, feigning offence.

"It's too long for a puppy." He protested.

"Then you must have something better then?" You said.

"Sam."

"That's literally the shorter version of Samantha."

"Exactly."

You and Peter looked at the dog who had now hopped off his lap and started to wag its tail at the both of you.