The Way I (Probably Still) Love You | Andrew Garfield

✍ Summary: It's been a month or two since you called it quits with Andrew. But, while in your new relationship, you find yourself missing the past more often than probably normal. | 3.9k

🧧 Warnings: Tom Holland x reader at first (ends with Andrew x reader and probably some in between), a fight, conflicted thoughts on relationships

🎶 This was inspired by "The Way I Loved You" by Taylor Swift.

💌 Flashbacks are in italics

Love should be exciting, right?

Love should be keeping you on your toes, it should bring a whole new shade of color to the world. Love could literally be insane.

Tom is so sensible and incredible. And you couldn't ask for anything better. Right?

"Tom is such an amazing boyfriend right?" Your friend, Jessica, said as she took a sip of her coffee.

You shrugged, "He's alright."

"Alright?" Your other friend, Marianne, asked flabbergasted, "Have you forgotten that you're dating Tom Holland? Do you know how many girls would kill to be in your place and you just say he's alright."

Raising your hand in mock surrender, you retorted, "What do you want me to say then?"

Marianne wasn't given a chance to reply as you heard a car honk, speak of the devil.

Grabbing your purse, you stood up while giving both of you friends a hug, "Tom and I have to go, I'll see you two next week."

Upon catching sight of you, Tom gave a smile as he raised a hand in greeting. Returning the smile, you pressed a kiss to his cheek when you got near before he opened the door of his car for you.

"Thanks." You muttered, climbing into the passenger seat while he got in the driver's seat.

"By the way." Tom said, starting the engine, "You look beautiful tonight."

"Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself." You chuckled before looking out the window as Tom started driving.

The thing about compliments is whenever your ex-boyfriend, Andrew, gave you one - the butterflies would be flying around your stomach like mad. But with Tom, you felt perfectly fine.

"Next time, Andrew?" You asked, the frustration just growing with every passing moment, "This is the fifth 'next time' you've promised and nothing's changed!"

"What do you want me to do? It was an emergency, they needed me, what else was I supposed to do?" Andrew said, running a hand through his hair.

"What about me? Goddammit, it was our anniversary! The least you would've done was send me a text instead of letting me wait in the restaurant for 4 hours while looking like an idiot!"

"We literally have the same job. You, out of all people, should understand."

You took a deep breath, trying to compose yourself, "One text Andrew was all I was asking. One text telling me that you would have to cancel and make it up to me or whatever. One text wouldn't make the whole film crash and burn!"

Andrew scoffed, "It's like you don't understand me anymore. Are you really that selfish?"

Silence fell upon both of you as Andrew immediately regretted the words he let out, "Baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I didn't mean any of it."

The tears you were trying to hold back were now running back your cheeks, pushing past your boyfriend, you couldn't care less that it was raining cats and dogs outside.