The Love Language of Cuddles | Peter Parker

✍ Summary: Peter always likes to hold on to you like you're his lifeline, and you're basically the same. | 1.1k

Every person has a special way of showcasing their affection for their significant other.

The moment you and Peter had started dating, the two of you can't keep your hands off each other - literally.

Neither of you minded anyway, this was just how the both of you showed that you loved each other.

And if anyone even asked who was more "touch starved" between you and Peter, the two of you would just look at each other before bursting out laughing.

There was always a moment wherein Peter's arm would be secured around your waist, your hands would be intertwined together, the two of you cuddled up in each other's arms while having a movie marathon on a Friday night.

You were currently walking to your locker with Gwen, having just finished your last class of the week.

"Anyway." She said once you had reached your locker which was just next to hers, "when should we start on our partner project? It is due in two weeks."

You thought about it for a moment, "We could start on Monday if you want."

Gwen smiled as she nodded, "Sounds great."

Closing your locker, you immediately felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist as you breathed in the familiar scent of lemon shampoo along with a hint of lab disinfectant.

"Seriously, Parker?" Gwen playfully glared at the boy attached to your waist, "You can't give me at least 5 minutes with my best friend?"

"Hey, that wasn't just five minutes." Peter complained, jutting his bottom lip out in a small pout, "Your class was an hour and a half."

You turned around in his embrace, pressing a brief kiss to his lips, "Well, it is Friday so we can watch a movie later after doing that English reaction paper on Pride and Prejudice."

Your best friend rolled her eyes, despite not being able to hide her smile at how adorable you and Peter were, "You do know that he basically clings to you like a koala right?"

"So?" You laughed, leaning into Peter's embrace, "One, I don't mind - I'm basically the same. Two, koalas are cute."

Gwen laughed, fondly shaking her head, "Now I can't decide which one of you is more whipped."

"Do you want to get some ice cream or coffee?" Peter asked, swinging your hand in his as the two of you walked the streets of New York.

"Hmm," you mused, "how about some ice cream but I'll get the coffee crumble flavor so it's basically two in one."

He chuckled as he pressed a kiss to your temple, "You do have a point there love."

You scrunched up your nose, "See? I'm a genius, just like my boyfriend."

"Hey, if there's any genius between us, then it'd be you." Peter said, kissing your cheek.

You playfully pushed his hand away from yours, "If you don't stop I might already get my fill of sweets before we even get the ice cream."

Peter made a face at you before capturing your hand back in his, "Why? Because you can't help but melt under my gaze?"

"That was cheesy." You deadpanned, "But kinda cute. How on earth do you make everything so adorable? Did you get that from the radioactive spider too?"

"Now that's just offensive."

"Peter," you called from your spot on the living room couch, scrolling through Netflix while Peter went to get some popcorn, "what genre are you feeling tonight?"

"Are you okay with a rom-com?" He asked.

"Am I okay with breathing?" you jokingly retorted before scrolling through the romance section.

"Okay, do you want one that'll make you use up all the tissues we have or the one that makes you feel like you want to kiss me?"

"I always feel like I want to kiss you." Peter said, coming into the room with the bowl of popcorn in hand.

Rolling your eyes at him, you took the bowl from him, "You know what I mean."

He chuckled, pecking a kiss to your cheek before pulling you into his chest, "Whatever you feel like watching - I'm not that picky."

"Really?" You asked, giving him a sly smile, "I remember that speech you gave when you asked me out and one of the lines said, 'I take time with the ones I choose because I don't want a smile if it's not from you'."

Peter made a face at you, muttering a small "shut up." as the movie started to play in the background.

"What? It's true." You laughed, throwing some popcorn in his face.

Just as Peter pulled you even closer to his chest, the piercing ringtone of your phone cut through the air.

Your boyfriend groaned, picking up your phone from the coffee table next to the couch as he looked at the caller id.

"It's Gwen."

Before you could say anything, Peter answered the call and put it on speaker.

"You do know that you're interrupting a very important moment right?" Your boyfriend frowned.

"Ew!" Gwen's voice rang from the device, "If you two are seriously having sex right now, first of all - that's disgusting of you to answer my call and once the call has ended, I will be washing my phone and my ears out. Second, please drop this call before I get an image in my mind that I don't want in the first place."

"Relax." You laughed, "Peter was talking about us cuddling while watching a movie. So, you're fine."

"I swear, that boy clings to you like you're his only lifeline." Gwen muttered as she breathed a sigh of relief.

"So, why did you call?" You asked.

"Oh, I just wanted to ask if you're doing the presentation or will I do it since we're splitting the research anyway."

You shrugged, "Well, I'll be fine doing the presentation."

"Great!" Gwen said before Peter piped up, "Are you done now?"

"Yes." Gwen scoffed, the eyeroll could be practically heard in her voice, "You may go back to hoarding my best friend."

"Technically, it's no hoarding."

"Cuddling then."

With that, Peter pressed the red button and threw your phone back on the table.

He just shrugged when you gave him a look, "What? She did say that it was fine."

You couldn't help the smile that reached your lips as you snuggled further into your boyfriend's embrace before turning back to the movie.

Peter was just quietly running his hands through your hair while you were busy drawing random patterns on his arms, film long forgotten in the background.

No words needed to be exchanged for the two of you to say how much you loved each other, how much you cherished each other.

A single touch was more than enough.