My Heart is Yours

Caitlyn's POV

Zaun was a mess. We had been back and forth a dozen times trying to piece out what was left of Silco's empire. We arrested many and Vi was always with me even before she became an enforcer. We shut down most of the shimmer trade. We set up some relief for the children ravaged by the toll shimmer had taken. There was still so much to do and the people weren't very willing to accept our help.

Sevika and Jinx were just silent. We knew they must be planning something.

Walking into the city today with Vi by my side gave me comfort. She always did. These months have been hard watching the cities change and I have nightmares most nights of that day. There were a few nights Vi would hear me scream and she would rush into my bedroom to hold me. I'd fall asleep in her arms. She'd stroke my head or I'd lift a hand to her short red-pink hair running my fingers through it. I longed for her embrace even now. I was resolved to stop shying away from us.

Thinking of it made me grin. Also now that I think about it my parents never mentioned her leaving my room in the mornings. My mother had softened after the rocket had taken her legs and blown a hole in our society.

Stopped in the lanes we caught up to Ekko. He had some intel for us. Professor Heimerdinger just behind him looking over something in the street.

"There is a note from Pow- Jinx..." Ekko said pointing.

It was her iconic doodle and neon paint.

'Don't look up.' It read

Of course that's the first thing Vi does.

"Vi I'm not sure this was a good idea. We should call in reinforcements." I stammered.

She looked around. She was angry. I clutched her arm. "Let's see what else we can find."

Just then a sound so familiar echoed on the walls around us. Her laugh. Jinx...

I froze, Vi put her gauntlets out in front of me to block anything that came our way. The last time I had heard that cackle was at her demented tea party. The night she slaughtered so many and nearly killed us both.

I pulled out my riffle. Ekko took out his watch and Heimerdinger stared at her words walking around it. He stopped. "It may be a trap, but there's another message here..." the drawing was slightly trailing off in one direction. "it's faint but there's another drawing just next to the wall... this way." He gestured to an ally on the ground.

A faint watch, Ekko's watch was scribbled into the brick. Next to it jagged the word 'rewind.' Around the corner down the ally you could see Jinx's pink eyes and figure emerge. She was laughing to herself, mumbled something, and ran toward us. I shouted, "Now!" As her gatling gun spun off rounds.

Ekko was one step ahead of us. (Maybe we hesitated). He stepped in front of us and clicked his watch. Time stood still and then it didn't.

He fell back injured but ok. Jinx stood stunned, blood running down her face from a blow we didn't see. Then yelled out "Powder you stupid little girl!"

Vi took the chance to engage and raised her gauntlet hitting the gun out of reach. Jinx twisted around for a bomb contraption and threw one my way. Shrapnel blasted around my knee. I quickly tossed a trap at her feet catching Jinx off guard. Vi jumped and knocked her out with one massive blow to the head. Then she handcuffed her once sister. She didn't hesitate then.

I must have fallen to the ground everything was blurry. Too easy?... I couldn't think straight...Finally enforcers circled the ally and they took the unconscious Jinx into custody.

Vi rushed over to me. "Cupcake, Caitlyn are you ok?" My eyes closed a little slowly then the pain sunk in.

"Ah ... yeah maybe?" I grunted trying to stand up but failed. I think I must have sounded funny or looked awful because Vi gave me this stare. I hadn't seen that for some time. Concern?

She lifted me up in her arms and walked around the corner so we were alone setting me down gently.

"Caitlyn, stay with me Caitlyn, Caitlyn? Are you okay Cait?..." her words trailed off as she held my shoulders against the wall kneeling in front of me. She was frantic and for a second, I couldn't focus. I nearly passed out. Then the ringing in my ears stopped.

She had grabbed my face but must have taken off the gauntlets because her hands were so warm and gentle. She looked me in the eyes holding me steady until I focused on hers. "Cait? You're okay right?" She looked me up and down for a moment not letting go. I nodded or at least thought about it. We're close now face to face. She looked at me with so much emotion and then set her eyes a little lower.

"Caitlyn I-"

I dove toward her and planted my lips on hers. I didn't care about anything or anyone else. She was right there. I had to, I couldn't deny this feeling anymore. I focused on her sounds and her mouth. She froze - we didn't move - I just held on. I opened my eyes still holding our mouths together for a moment. She just stared at me. 'Flustered was it?' I pulled back and took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"I'm okay." I smiled. "Are you?" I let out finally and smiled.

We just looked at each other and her arms and muscles loosened letting out a breathe.

"Uh yeah, I'm okay Cait." She blinked then smirked. God I love her smile.

"Damn you are sweet. I knew it!" Vi threw out, laughing.

"Oh shut up!" I joked pushing her shoulder back. We laughed it off. Had I really finally done that?

We just sat there together for a little while. Happy. No longer shy. Jinx in custody. No real words or worries. She tore and wrapped part of her undershirt around my knee showing her impeccable physique, then helped me to my feet. I could not stop taking her in. Just held on to her and watched her every movement. I held her arm tight as we walked occasionally moving my hand up and down her arm. We made it home together and didn't leave one another that whole night.

She sat down with tweezers and gently and quickly pulled every last piece of shrapnel from my leg. Washed it. Kissed it. And wrapped a bandage around me.

I just stared at her everything, she gazed back and I think we were feeling the same way. No words. She got up closer and kissed me hard. It was all I could do but quake and giggle. We smiled. 'Shit I think I'm in love,' I thought. We laid down exhausted but happy. I held her close all night finally drifting to sleep.

In the morning Vi made some wise ass remarks about how I smelled so sweet "like a cupcake."

I pushed her off laughing, "Fuck off I haven't even showered." She reached for my ass.

We were standing next to one another now. She looked at me with the biggest grin and now I froze.