12. Memories are coming back

A woman, very pretty woman, hair golden like the brighter gold and eyes brown like chocolate, kind smile on her face and white dress hanging on her long thin body, watched from the high hill the creatures of every kind. Fauns, centaurs, dwarves, talking animals and other creatures

She heard heavy but gentle footstpes and a presence beside her. Turning her head to her right, she gave the mighty lion with the biggest mane ever kind and sweet smile, running her hand through the lion's mane. She gently grabbed his face with both her hands, lifted his head to her and gave him sweet and gentle kiss on forehead, letting into it love she carry for this animal.

Leaf rustling echoed in their ears and from behind the big leaf came quadrupeding 14 months old baby, her big eyes golden after her father and hair as golden as her mother's. She grinned up at the mighty lion and golden woman smiling down at her, showing her small four teeth. The little girl was about to take another step, but she slipped and rolled between them, but when she stopped she wasn't a human child anymore, between them landed not even three months old lion cub, fur brown and golden as her father's. 

She grinned up at her human and lion parents as the woman sat down, picking the cub up and placing her on her lap, the mighty lion settling himself behind the woman and watched his cub try to bite the woman's fingers off, but with her small four teeth she won't do much.

"She's beautiful." The woman breathed out. The lion just hum in agreement.

"She looks a lot like you." He spoke, looking up at his human mate smiling at him, her eyes fixed on him.

"And a lot like you." The lion just chuckled deeply and the woman let herself lean against the lion's big body. "She have a lot from both of us."

The lion again hummed in agreement. "Yeah, our little baby." The mighty lion licked cheek of the small cub.

"Our little baby."

My head shoot up as I tried to take deep breaths and calmed down. What was it? Was it a....dream? Or a memory? Was it me, dad and mom? Was the woman my mom? I think yes when I look at the picture and then remind her. It must been a memory. So dad was right, they are coming back.

I looked around, feeling cold as dad's body is no longer warming mine and noticed he isn't with me, not even in tent. How long have I been sleeping? And where did dad go? Probably to talk to others. I jumped down from the bed and walked out the tent, straching my body and looked around, watching all kinds of creatures working, like in the dream, err memory. Then I felt presence beside me but I right away knew who it is by the lick side of my face.

"Good morning." Dad said and my eyes wide oped. Morning?!

"How long have I been sleeping?!" I asked, standing up from reflex and looking up at my animal parent. He let out just a deep chuckle.

"Just half of an hour." This calmed me down, knowing I haven't been out for the whole day and sat back down beside him.

"Oh, then alright." I noticed Peter standing on a hill, watching the camp. I can see he have new clothes when I look closely, his hand resting on the handler of his sword.

"I'm going to speak with Peter." Reading my mind and looking the same way I do, dad suddenly said and so I could've just nodded.

"Good idea, he must feel bad for Edmund being in the hands of the Witch." I feel sorry for both Peter and Edmund. Where is Edmund now I would like to know. I don't think they're still at the Witch's castle. Poor boy. Dad again licked my forehead, rubbing his chin against mine head and head up to Peter. What am I gonna do? I could take a little walk around and try to remember more. 

Everywhere I step, they call my Queen. It feel wierd being called Queen or Majesty, it just doesn't feel right to be called like that. If they say Princess, that I would maybe handle but being called Queen, that feel like I don't deserve to be called like. Have I some deeds that I deserve to be called Queen? No, at least I don't remember. Suddenly, a horn sounding was heard through the camp and I right away knew who blew it. 

Susan

Running there as fast as possible, which I run pretty fast, I got to river to see Lucy and Susan on tree, high from wolves which is Maugrim and the other one I don't know, Peter aiming his sword at Maugrim as the other wolf is pinned to the ground by dad's big paw. I crossed the river and went to help Peter, but dad's paw stopped me in my tracks and others, meaning Oreius and other creatures, too.

"No! Stay your weapons. This is Peter's battle." Dad said to us, keeping his other paw out from letting me lunging at them, even though I wouldn't do much and be easy to kill. I watched Maugrim circle around Peter as he kept his frightened but brave eyes on him, not lowing down his sword. I could right away tell he's afraid not only for himself, but for his sisters that could've been eaten, thank they were smart enough. But Susan could just grab her bow and arrows and shoot them. 

"You may think you're a king, but you're going to die..." Maugrim stopped circling him but went stright for him with slow steps. "...like a dog!" As Maugrim finished his sentence, he jumped at Peter and they both fell, but I don't know which one of them is dead. Hope it's not Peter.

"Peter!" Susan and Lucy screamed their brother's name, afraid something happened to him or Maugrim got him. I didn't scream, but gasped from the sight before my eyes. I jumped over dad's paw and ran to Peter as his sisters jumped down from the tree and too run to him, pushing the big bad wolf of him, just for us to see Maugrim is dead and Peter is okay, just little bit shaked up. When he spotted his sister, I watched how they hugged and the love between siblings. I jumped on Maugrim's lifeless body, looking at his dead face. 

"For a first kill, you did pretty good." I startled Peter when I spoke and turn my head to look at his face. "And you survived, that's awesome!" Picking up my paws in the air as I stood just on my back legs, I called, getting from them smiles and laugh. What surprised me was when Peter picked me up and hugged me like he's hugging porcelain.

"This feel good." I mumbled into his shoulder, liking the feeling of being hugged. From now I'm hugging person, hehehe. I heard yelping and barking of the wolf that is pinned by dad's paw and looked there, seeing dad release his paw and let go the wolf that then ran away, probably back to Jadis. 

"After him. He'll lead you to Edmund." Oreius and others listened dad's command and ran after the wolf to free and bring Edmund to camp. I hope he isn't some injured, otherwise I'm gonna scratch the Witch's face. 

"Peter." Our head turned to dad. "Clean your sword." Peter put me down and went to river to clean his sword, then kneeled in front dad with his sword stabbing grass. Dad put his big paw on Peter's shoulder. 

"Rise, Sir Peter Wolf's-Bane," Peter stood up, looking unbelievable at dad. "King of Narnia." I saw the proud look dad gave to Peter, whishing I would make him proud one day. Peter grinned at us, then back to dad and put his sword back into cover. Well, Peter isn't the boy he was in their world, now he's a Prince, future King of Narnia. Peter, Susan and Lucy then left to get something to eat which means that left me and dad. I looked at the wolf's dead body.

"And what with the body?" I asked, but got no answer. Well, I did, but not how I expected. My stomach suddenly growled, not realizing how hungry I am and it showed dad is too as his stomach growled too, but louder. Then it pep in my head.

"No, you don't. He's mine!" I yelled as I ran as fast to Maugrim's dead body, wanting him whole just for myself as dad chased after me with laugh.