16. Reborn

A gold haired woman looked down at the little newborn in her arms wrapped in a baby yellow blanket, smile on her face.

When she hears gentle footsteps, her eyes look up to see the mighty lion approaching them and her smile grew bigger, looking back down at the sleeping baby.

"Isn't she gorgeous?" The woman breath out, the big lion stopping by her side and looking down at the baby.

"She's amazing. Just like her beautiful mother." The woman look up at the lion with love sparkling in her eyes, offering him sweet smile.

"I love you, Aslan." The woman leans forward, pressing gentle kiss to his forehead as he gladly accept.

"I love you more, Lyliana. Both you and our precious daughter, Maggie."

_____
___
_

A small 3 years old child stood before it's father, looking up at him like waiting for a miracle.

"Now, Maggie, if you want to learn how to turn into your lion form, you must wish for it. Imagine you're lion. Feel like lion. You must let your other form take over and push it out. You'll feel the change once you do." Aslan told his daughter, looking down at her as he's trying to teach her how to turn into her animal form by her will.

Maggie didn't say anything and shut her eyes tight, trying to do as her father said and picture herself as a lion. But she didn't feel any different. No change.

Opening her eyes, they scanned her body to see she's still human. Disappointment took over her and her big amber golden eyes look up sadly at her father, afraid he'll be upset with her or disappointed. Instead of that, over his features took warm symphatic smile.

"Don't worry, there's no need to hurry. We're in no rush. It takes time before you settle into it. Take your time." The mighty cat told her warmly, his face not changing.

Maggie tried again, and again, and again, and again, until it looked like she's gonna give up for this day.

A tired sigh escaped her and tried one last time, a tickling feeling at the tip of her fingers and in her chest.

And then she turned into beautiful golden lion cub.

Her face turn into proud and happy one, glad she finally managed to do what she was attempting.

"I did it! I did it! I did it!" She called while hopping around her father, excitement heard in her voice. But then when she stopped hopping around, her body again changed back into human one, making her pout.

Her father laughed deeply at her, nuzzling his head against her body as she's much smaller.

"That's enough for today, you did amazing. I'm proud of you. We'll train tomorrow." And like that both father and daughter walked back into the castle.

_____
___
_

"Aslan, take Maggie to safety. I'll take care of Jadis." Lyliana told her husband, a sword in her hands and strong face pulled on. On her body hang armour made of gold, her once golden hair now dirty and messy from the fight. 

"I can't leave you to her all alone. You know Jadis's trick." Aslan protested, stopping her from lunging at the Witch that came to take over Narnia. Lyliana straightened up to face the lion that stole her heart a long time ago, pressing her lips in line before smirking.

"Maybe she has tricks, but I got cleverness. I took Jadis down once, I can do it again." Aslan sighed at the stubbornness of his wife, knowing trying to change her mind is waste of time. Lyliana's face softened, giving him kind loving smile while rubbing his cheek with her thumb. "Don't worry 'bout me, Aslan. I'll take care of myself, but you need to take care of our little one and take her to safety."