18. Goodbye

Maggie pov

A second ago we were in castle when dad came to me and told me to follow him and now I found us walking on the beach, the setting sun warming our bodies. I have no idea why dad called me out here but I guess I'm about to find out.

Playing and running around to waste my energy, I shivered every time the water pulling up to us touched me. I never really was a fan of water, but now I don't mind it. It's actually nice to feel the smell of salty water spread around and give you relaxing time.

"I've got a question." I blurred out suddenly, dad turning his head to look down at me.

"Go on."

"Why did you bring me out there? It don't feel like to spend father daughter time together. So why are we here?" Dad stopped walking, making me almost bumb into him. He sighed, turning his full body to me.

"To put you a very serious question to which only you can answer to." I look up at him, letting him continue. "Will you come with me to my world, or will you stay here along with our people?"

I was took back by this question, not expecting it. Because I don't understand the first opinion.

"What do you-?" And then it clicked like a switch, taking all my good mood down.

"The decision is yours to make." He added. He's leaving me, again. But this time I have a chance to go and be with him. If I go with him, we could catch up and make up to each other those missed years. But there's one thing preveting me from going with my dad.

My friends. I can't leave the new kings and queens. Maybe we weren't together that much of time, but it was enough time to make me grow care for them. Especially Lucy, who's my best friend. And what about others? Like Mr. Tumnus, Beavers, Narnians? I can't leave them here by themself. The Pevensie siblings will need my help, and I won't leave them like I had to leave Narnia. I'm not gonna leave my home this time. Not again.

As much as I want to go with dad, I can't, because my friends need me. And will. More than dad. And that made me decide.

"I.....I will stay here." I lowered my head, afraid he will get angry with me deciding staying than be with him, but it's him who's asking. The thought him leaving me made my eyes fill with tears. "Sorry, dad, but I cannot go with you. My friends will need me, more than you. And our people too. That's why I must stay."

Lifting my head to him, instead of angry one he has proud, happy but sad look on his face. "You made the right decision. One day you'll become a great queen. I'm proud of you, my little one."

Rubbing his big head against mine and licking my forehead which I know won't happen for a long time or maybe never, I put my small paw on his nose.

"Will I ever see you again?" He smiled sad smile.

"When the right time comes, our paths will lead us to each other." With his paw he hugged me for last time, pulling away after. "Remember, Maggie, that I will always be with you. In here." He pointed at his chest, meaning his heart. I looked at the sunset, the only thing now giving us a light. And it will be gone like dad in a while.

"I love you, My little baby." I turned to look at dad, seeing no one on the spot where he was standing seconds ago. How is he doing it? Spinning around, my eyes can't find him and that means only one thing.

He's gone.

Sighing, I made my way back but realized I stepped on something. Looking down, I see a large paw in the sand, belonging to certain lion. By little paw is sinking in it, but one day I'll have the same big paws like dad. One day I'll grow up, become a queen and make everyone proud.

Looking at the sun which is in half way covered, I didn't realized I'm crying, just after feeling something wet slidding down my face. Ignoring it, I made my way back to castle, hoping it all will get better.

10 years later
3. person pov

Four horses with their riders ran after a stag between the trees and bushes, chasing it. All kings and queens grown up enjoying their free time and spending it together like the family they are. And when I say family, I mean also their lion friend, who is the closest person to them in Narnia. 

She's their guardian, leader but what she mean to them is family. Ten years made Pevensies and Maggie grow closer they started taking her as a sister of their own. And she return the feelings.

Peter, Susan and Lucy didn't noticed their brother stop, but Maggie did and walked back to him, seeing his horse, Philip, catching his breath. He isn't the youngest anymore.

"You okay you two?" Maggie, in her lion form which is now bigger than ten years ago but still small, asked them both. Right as she asked, Edmund's siblings came back after noticing of their disappearence.

"Come on, Ed." Susan grinned playfully. In Narnia she's known as the most beautiful girl, as well as Lucy.

"Just catching my breath." Ed responsed, still not moving.

"That's all we'll catch at this rate." Susan continued, Lucy stepping to her side.

"What did he say, Maggie?" Joining Susan's teasing, Maggie grinned also.

""Wait in the castle. I'll get the stag myself."" Edmund sent her playfull glare with rolling eyes, the other four laughing. But as they did, Peter noticed something. 

"What is this?" All four got down from their horses, stepping closer to get a better look at what Peter had his gaze at. Maggie, who turned into her human form, which is now 12 years old girl looking even though she's 125, joined them. "It seems familiar. As if of a dream." Peter added.

Unlike them, Maggie can clearly remember what is that lamp. A feeling of deja vu coming at her, all memories with this lamp she had returning. It's the lamp where her dad sent her away, where her and Lucy met Mr. Tumnus, where it all started. 

"Or a dream of a dream. Spare Oom." Lucy breathed out, a look of puzzling on her face. And she made her way somewhere, her siblings following her.

"No. Guys, don't-!" But it was late for Maggie stopping them. They are returning to their world. The only she can do now is take their horses back to the castle and take care of Narnians, hoping their kings and queens will return soon.

But they never did.

THE END OF FIRST BOOK

Hey guys, I hope you like this book and want second one, which will be MaggiexCaspian. Tell me if you do want. If you don't understand something, don't be afraid ask me. Luv ya!