34 💔

Excuse Any Mistakes
Chapter 34:
The Funeral

...
A week later

Phoenix| Simone| Mitchell
-Las Angeles, California-
Jan 4.

"Yes you look good" I said fixing mari's tie as he looked in the mirror

"Ima go check on the kids" I said walking out of the room

"Ight"

We were at mari's granny house, I got to meet his father and properly meet his brother. They exchanged words the other night but Mari still didn't fully trust his father or brother.

Last week mari told me about told me about what happened to his sister. He kept telling me over and over how bad he felt and all I wanted to do was comfort him.

He cried for the longest and it shocked me cause he never cried in front of me before. I felt bad for him and he kept blaming his self over and over.

I know he going through it right now, I just want to be there for him like all the bullshit out the way. I still don't want him to do nothing stupid though because we do got kids to take care of now.

"Y'all ready?" I asked walking in the room

"Yes" phiona said

"Zip me up" dahlia told me and I zipped up her dress

"My girls look so pretty" I said looking at them

"Thanks" they said in unison and smiled

"Dang, where my compliment?" Phelix said walking into the room

"And you look handsome as well" I said straighten up his suit "Go wait downstairs for us"

I walked out of their room into granny's room. She sat at her vanity as she put on her necklace.

"You look pretty granny" I said trying to brighten up the mood

"Thanks girl" she said before getting up

She twirled around giving me a 360.

"Period" I said

"Everybody ready?" She asked me

"Mari and the kids are" I told her "Ian check on Marion and they daddy"

I keep forgetting this man name, I think he go by duke or something. I walked out of her room before heading downstairs.

I seen duke and Marion sitting on the couch talking. They both looked at me and Marion stood up fixing his turtle neck.

"You look good suh" he said

"Thanks and you too" I smiled as he walked up to me trying to give me a hug "oh you want a hug"

"Yup"

He pulled me in for a hug and I quickly pulled out of it. I seen his father behind him also wanting a hug.