Step 1. Open up

CW: Mental health issues

"You need a fucking therapy." He Xuan screamed as he held back his roommate by the armpits.

"Let me go!" Hua Cheng yelled, puffing and struggling swinging a pair of scissors as if to kill.

Yin Yu remained quiet and just tried pulling out the pair which Hua Cheng held like a murder weapon but his grip was too tight. He pried each finger open and soon had to duck when he swung a fist blindly.

"You wanna cut open your vein because someone asked you to redo your work? Are you kidding me? Even I do not hate my life as much!" He Xuan yelled over his struggles.

Hua Cheng stopped. Now that the reason was held in front of him did he realise how stupid it was to lose his life for.  He Xuan, realising that he had beaten some sense in him, let him go and plopped into the couch.

"Therapy. Get therapy. You are filthy rich, so the fees should not be a matter." he said again, in a sigh.

"I don't wanna talk about myself to shitty strangers." Hua Cheng snapped. He already had issues making friends. Talk to a stranger about his problems?

Hell nah!

"They are professionals." Yin Yu nodded. "Your urges to kill and self harm needs professional help. From someone who knows what in world they are doing."

"Yes, one day we won't be home and you will do us a favour and kill someone or worse yourself." He Xuan humphed, unwrapping a chocolate nut bar and chomped on it angrily.

"The Heaven Hearth hospital is well known for its psych department. Why do you not go and at least check it out? You might like it." Yin Yu said, carefully taking the scissors away and locking it in the kitchen drawer.

Later Yin Yu had pinned the phone number onto the refrigerator, for the future. And Hua Cheng found himself calling the reception number, booking a consulting appointment and standing sheepishly at the help desk.

"Please follow me, Young Sir" a cheery woman said, almost dragging him into the psych ward and entering one of the rooms. Unlike his fantasised dull white wall, a wooden table and two chairs, he was met by a well furnished office room, with a single couch, a two sitter sofa, a low coffee table and a lot of potted plants and paintings. He took in a breath and sat down on the sofa. 

"A resident will come in and have a little chat with you to fix a schedule. Feel free to use the coffee machine." She said. Hua Cheng squinted his eyes to read the name plaque - Shi Qingxuan it said.
She left after he nodded. He did not wish to have coffee at the moment so, he waited. The ticking of the clock was loud and he could hear the soft rumbling of the air conditioner. When the door opened again with an alert knock and a soft click, he looked up and ... stared.

In came a man in white and blue scrubs, gorgeous beyond words to describe, smile a bit silly but not less adorable. His caramel hair was short and fluffy. He flashed a wide smile at the college student, a nervous blush spreading lightly over his cheekbones. Damn, had he known a shrink could heal with such looks, Hua Cheng would have opted for therapy a long time back. Looking at him, he felt it would have been better if he had run the comb through his own hair, and at least wear a proper shirt .

The resident sat down on the couch and flipped through the file pages in his hand.

"Hua Cheng... right?" He looked at the boy to meet his expectant gaze. "It is nice to meet you. You look quite dashing!" He smiled widely, "I am Xie Lian and I have just started my residency a few weeks ago. You are really my first real patient so, bear with me."