Step 14: Keep On Moving

Look who is about to be off to college!

My home is a mess. I am in the middle of packing. So yeah, those are the reasons why I could not update sooner.

Enjoy~

Ah, Warning: Unedited.

Another warning: has a mention of Magic Mushrooms, be a sensible person like Hua Cheng and walk away from those... If you have it, it is not my fault. 

A blob of cobalt blue.

A dab of white in it.

Mix it till the colour is consistent.

In a separate place on the palate, with a clean brush, mix pink, orange and white.

Too loud.

Add a bit of yellow.

Perfect peach.

Hua Cheng carefully added the highlights to his painting with the prepared shade of blue and used the peach for the backdrop. He then slowly outlined the plump lips with a darker shade, and blended that in, till it had a softness to it. He smiled at how it turned out. After it dries, he might work on the layers.

"Ho-ho! I can't believe what I see!"

Hua Cheng almost jumped out of his own skin. He had chosen to work at the farthest corner with his person in between the wall and the canvas, so that no one could see his work. But Professor Pei was peeping in from the side with a comical amused grin stuck on his face.

"At last, my boy is painting sensual things other than lonely messed up rooms and landscapes."

"Sir, it is unfinished. Please move aside." Hua Cheng stammered, a bit shy. The painting was indeed sensual compared to what he used to paint.

"I assume your dating adventures are successful. A zoomed-in kiss huh? Is that a bit of tongue I see?" Professor Pei leaned in to assess the painting closely. His tone was too teasing for someone with a developing thick-skin to handle. He grinned victoriously when Hua Cheng's ears were as red as his shirt, "Who is the lucky lady?"

"Professor..." Hua Cheng groaned, trying to shove the nosy man away. Others already knew that Professor Pei would tease anyone at any chance he got, but they minded their own business. It was Hua Cheng who was the victim this time and if they join in, they might unlive.

"Or a man," Pei Ming continued, "Ah, how romantic! Care to tell me more?"

"I don't care to, Professor." Hua Cheng looked down at his palette again, mixing grass green with white till it was the milkiest hue of green he had ever worked with.

"Well, he is amazing enough to make you stray away from your usual red black and white. And here I thought you were allergic to other colours. It is going to turn out good. You have all my faith." He picked up a tube of violet and pressed it atop the palette next to the lightened cobalt. "Use this combination. It adds to the dreaminess of the piece."