Step 10: Find Happiness from Within

The typical Anime Type Beach Episode.

Surprise! I am back with a new chapter a bit early!

The egg sandwich that Xie Lian had pulled out from his little ferret lunch box (with white ears, and face on the lid and the cutlery holder as the tail) was interesting, in an artistic manner. The bread was charcoal black, and was as stiff as cardboard, and so sharp that it cut the insides of Hua Cheng's mouth as he chewed. The egg inside was fluffy but was greyish yellow in colour, and had a slight watery taste on his tongue. The sauce? The jam probably... was exceedingly thick and violet.

"San Lang, you promised..." Xie Lian said, threateningly.

Hua Cheng's face is tight as he tries hard to swallow back.

"You promised you won't laugh, and you are laughing." Xie Lian was pouting now.

But Hua Cheng could not help it. His shoulders shook and pressed his fist to his lips to physically press it down. He finished the first piece quickly, he was really hungry, only having breakfast early that morning. He swallowed and said:

"Gege. Normal people have the dilemma of using a fork or chopsticks to beat eggs. But beating eggs in hand to hand combat!" Hua Cheng roared in laughter.

"San Lang, I was just seven years old! To beat means to physically beat...that's what I thought back then" Xie Lian pouted further, his brows drawn as he huffed. Hua Cheng could give up anything just to kiss that sweet pout of his gege.

"Still! Imagine boxing with eggs." Hua Cheng chuckled and picked up the second piece of sandwich, much to Xie Lian's surprise. Hua Cheng was fine after having his chocolate. And right now, he was very much enjoying the sandwiches Xie Lian had prepared, hoping his San Lang would like them.

"Gege, did you mix chilli jam with blueberry jam?" Hua Cheng asked, chewing thoroughly.

"Yes! I thought you might like the hot sweet taste." Xie Lian said, smiling nervously, scratching his nose.

"Like? I love it, gege. You should cook more."

"Really, you think so?"

"En."

Just then an announcement sounded,

'Puqi station up next. Passengers are requested to-'

"San Lang, let's go!" Xie Lian exclaimed, excitedly. He pushed the lid of the now empty box down and put the container into his bag and both of them got up to move towards the glass doors. When the metro entered the station, it slowed down and the doors opened, and a pleasant humid air hit their faces in a blast. The station was calm and quiet-even if you whisper, you can hear it clearly. The sun was bright and warm, the breeze was pleasant and the rustling of palm leaves greeted their ears.

The little town was exactly what Hua Cheng would imagine a settlement from the Colonial Rule - the area was a mixture of traditional and foreign cultures, giving off an offbeat but nonetheless amazing holiday vibe. They decided upon renting a single bicycle, and soon, with Hua Cheng on the paddles, Xie Lian on the rack behind him, they zoomed steadily through the town, following the strong salty sea breeze. Pretty, picturesque little cottages, with hay and bicked sloped roofs, were arranged on the crooked line that the bricked path followed, the crossings were a bit off angle and there were hardly any signals. The town was on the slope of the gently folded hills which used to be mistily visible from Hua Cheng's bedroom in The Hua Residence. So far away, so magical - it used to stir up fantasies in the young child.