― 001

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐒.
y/n's pov.

the crisp breath of the early summer morning swept through the bustling ostanian city of berlint. many whizzed the streets, scurrying their way to work and school. among them was me, strolling carefreely with a gleeful grin. a heartwarming song, forcing my soul to rise into the skies and drown in its alluring melody, played into my ears. daydreaming my day like always, fantasizing that i will meet my prince charming while strolling the city, i continued my day happily.

nearing the small mansion-like building with a family-sized apartments doting it, i halted upon realizing 2 unrecognizable figures standing on the stairs; one a man in his late 20s although he did look younger than that and a child younger than 10.

are they the new family that moved in? i heard rumors that it was a family of three though the wife haven't been home since then. i stared at them for a few seconds before they started to make their way in. i should welcome them by giving them flowers and introduce myself as well! i smiled as i made an u-turn, making my way to the flower shop nearby.

vehicles busied the streets and i could notice that some belonged to those high class and prestigious families. kids were playing and fooling around in the empty field, some playing with balls while some played 'tag'. their screams and giggles lingered in the air. berlint is such a wonderful city, though it is quite scary when females are alone.

rumors said that a 30 year old maiden got arrested by the state security police a week ago, suspected of being a spy in an illegal underground organization and giving away information which will break peace in ostanian or something. this caused fear to rise among unmarried women as many scurried away to wed immediately for their own life. even my own mom had been pleading me to get married but i brushed it away, thinking it's too early as a 20 year old. like most other girls, i wish to be find someone to love and date them till we're perfect to marry. and besides, it's not like i am apart or going to get involved with anything illegal. i'm contented with the way i'm living already.

i slipped into the small store, the strong and fresh scent of different fauna immediately drowning me into bliss. i went up to the person behind the stand, requesting for a bouquet of wisteria flowers to welcome my new neighbors.

time skipped by and i finally stood in front of the new comers' home. i quickly knocked, clearing my throat as i heard some shuffles and murmurs behind the door before it swung open. a girl with pink hair and green eyes stood in front of me, mouth agape.

what a pretty girl. she must be the child. i thought as i smiled. the child stared before blurting out, "anya." before i could respond, another voice came trudging in. "anya, i told you to inform me when there's someone knocking the door— oh, hello there young lady." a man rushed in, stopping behind the girl whom i assume is named anya. his eyes scanned me as i cleared my throat once again. anya on the other hand looked over at the man and me repeatedly before staring at me with a weird sort of expression.

a nervous smile etched on my face as i gave the flowers, "hello, i'm y/n l/n! i'm your neighbor living upstairs. i came to introduce myself and welcome your family. feel free to be comfortable with me. i'll be more than happy to help around." i spoke as i looked at the 2 members. 

anya stared at me even longer before uttering out suddenly yet again, "this is chi-chi. anya likes peanuts but hates carrots. bleh." i grinned, "i'll take that into consideration for future needs. thank you little anya."

"i'm loid forger," the man said and i looked over at him. "this is anya, my daughter. we appreciate your kindness in welcoming us! please come in for a cup of tea or coffee." loid offered and i rejected his offer swiftly, knowing that they are both busy unpacking. "that's alright! maybe next time when your wife is here as well! that's all i have to say. i'll leave now. goodbye mr forger and little anya." i waved as i scurried away.

gosh, it felt like i was being examined thoroughly just now. weird, his cheery voice also felt so forced. maybe he's tired. anya's very cute though! i should buy peanuts just in case she ever drops by.

right early in the morning, i was propped in front of my desk. basking under the sunshine that the partly risen sun showered berlint with, i continued weaving and twirling the small squared papers to make a tulip origami. the faint yet fresh smell of confectionaries whirled in the sky as my open window gave entry for all sorts of smell mixed with air to enter. birds cooed on the tree with a mellow and melodious chirp and children whined to express their dislike in going to school. a school bus drove passed, students in it noisily chattering away in the early morning.

in the corner of my eyes, i saw loid and anya leaving the building and walking off. even with all the distractions, i continued doing my own business. time danced away and a truck stopped in front of the premises. loid and anya came back with a woman beside them. slowly they all unloaded the truck with some men also helping.

that must be his wife, i thought and admired the beauty, she's so pretty oh my god!

i snapped out of my thought as i felt a pair of eyes staring at me. i followed the gaze and stared straight back at the pink haired girl, her oddly expressions staring back at me. i grinned and waved. anya made no response for the first few seconds but soon she clutched the new lady's dress and pointed towards me, murmuring things. the lady looked at me, her eyes turning into slits as she did a bow and wave at me. i immediately bowed slightly and waved back.