― 003

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐒.
y/n's pov.

i quickly walked home, holding onto the bouquet of tulips i just bought from the flower store earlier on my way home. the honey-like smell from the tulips captivated me to inhale the sweet scent again and again. from the corner of my eyes, i caught the glimpse of children playing in the open field. their screams and giggles faded the more i walked. i hummed to myself and admired the sunsetting scenery while drowning into a daydream of the ending day. a golden glow emitted from the sun, showering the western part of the city of ostania with its glorious light.

"... y/n?" a voice called, pulling me out of my imaginary world. i halted on my spot, my gaze falling onto those beautiful bloody eyes that i once saw weeks ago. "yuri?" i mumbled, surprised to see him again. nonetheless of the surprise, i was delighted. yuri grinned as he waved, "hey! how are you? what are you doing out here?" he questioned, walking side by side with me.

"i'm doing good. i just came back from the flower store. how about you? how was your hangover that day?"

yuri's cheeks flushed red as he let out a chuckle. "i would be lying if i said i was doing good. the hangover was such a pain in the ass but i managed to pull through. your soup was so good! it made me feel better that day."

"that's good to hear." i smiled. yuri glanced at me and the bouquet, "those tulips look wonderful." we both shared a stare before i looked away, "yeah. tulips are so pretty. do you want one?" i offered as i instinctively pulled out a red one. him and red looked so good together. the short haired male took the tulip, flustered and thanked me softly. i hummed.

"do you live around here?" i asked as we still continued walking, nowhere near my apartment.

"not really. i live a bit far but i will be making quite a lot visits here. my sister resides with her husband and daughter here. gosh, their marriage was so unexpected to me. it was only announced to me after a whole year." yuri sighed, his voice disappointed.

"oh." i mumbled, unsure of how else to reply back. "i'm sure there was a reason why she took long to tell you?" i reasoned with hopes to make him feel better.

"she said she forget that she forgot to tell me." i blinked, comprehending his response. it took me a while to finally understand. "people forget. we can't blame them for that, can we?"

"i know but i feel so suspicious of their marriage.. how can she forget to tell me she was married for a year despite my many calls?" he frustratingly kicked a pebble on the pavement as he voiced his thoughts out. "fuck you, lottie." he inaudibly cursed under his breath, kicking another pebble. 

there was a moment of silence between us. the whirls by speeding cars and the faint lingering screams of kids faded in the atmosphere. "where are you stopping at?" i asked, realizing the sight of my apartment was getting closer.

"your place."

"huh?" i looked at him. yuri immediately rephrased as he notices my confused look. "i meant the residence, not your home. my sister lives there."

"ah, is that so. who's your sister by the way?"

"yor briar.. or yor forger. that lottie's last name is so horrible and ruining my sister's name." yuri grunted as he answered my question. "the forgers? your sister is her?" i asked even further, interested. yuri nodded with a huge smile.

"your sister is beautiful," i commented. "you both look alike." still with that dazed grin on, yuri remarked, "she really is. i hope she really is happy with that lottie." i wheezed to myself at his nickname for loid, looking over to see his annoyed face as he wondered about him.

ceasing our steps in front of the premise, we both shared warm smiles and before i knew it, yuri reached his hand out and patted my head. i felt myself heat up at his action. his hand remained there and i looked down, staring at his body adorned with a cardigan. "uhh yuri," i trailed, flustered. yuri innocently blinked. i bit my lip and gestured towards his hand, making him fall into a realization as he retreated it. "i-i'm sorry! it's a habit!" he apologized. i cleared my throat, avoiding eye contact. "it's alright. talk to you soon!" i bid, turning to walk away when his hand stopped me from walking away.

"can we exchange numbers?" yuri murmured. i can see the faint redness coating him. "sure." i smiled, giving him my phone so he can type his number in. it was a matter of seconds he finished and gave my mobile back, bidding me goodbye as he rushed in. i watched him, shaking my head as i made my way in as well. along the way, i checked his number and noticed what he named himself. cute, i smiled to myself.

"yuri bear 🧸"