― 005

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐒.
y/n's pov.

ever since that visit, yuri came by my place more frequently unannounced. he would always be holding bouquet of flowers or just a single tulip every time while shying away from my gaze. however, he doesn't stay and would run away to his sister's household as soon as exchanging a few words with me and giving me flowers.

nevertheless, the thought of receiving flowers was heartwarming. and, knowing it's from him made it even more special. i sat and stared at the brand new set of tulips i received yesterday, getting lured into a state of serene as i watched the petals sway ever so faintly to my naked eyes. DING DONG! snapping back to reality, i looked over at the door confused. shuffles and muffled voices spoke beyond my door.

i strolled towards the door quickly and opened it, having to be greeted by the family of three residing downstairs. 

"oh? the forger family? how may i help?" i inquired as i examined them before settling my confused gaze on their pink haired daughter's face. loid cleared his throat as he smiled even more, "good afternoon, y/n-san. i apologize for our unannounced appearance but we would need an urgent request from you." he spoke out formally with an apologetic tone. yor gave me a sheepish grin as she added on from where loid ended, "we unfortunately need to go out and don't want to leave anya alone at home we were wondering if you can take care of her for the day. i hope we aren't troubling you. it was so sudden so we urgently need someone."

"is that so?" i murmured as i stared at anya who gave me a stone-like stare back. "i'm free today so," i murmured before giving them a nod, "i don't mind. is it alright for me to bring anya out if i had to?"

"yes! thank you so much! yor and i will return tonight as soon as we can. we apologize for the inconvenience caused." eyes gleaming, loid exclaimed. yor silently hummed beside him and bowed slightly.

what a cute kid, i squealed as i watched anya waddle off to my couch. "anya, i'm not subscribed to a lot of cartoon channels but there are a few which i don't know would be of your taste but i hope whatever my tv offers entertains you well!" i apologetically said as i took a sit beside the pink haired girl. the tv slowly lit up and i immediately searched for the kids channel i had, hoping the channels are watchable.

"anya likes you." the girl beside me suddenly muttered out loud with full sincerity.

"hm?"

i glanced and noticed the overflowing amount of admiration the child's eyes held as she stared at me with big doe eyes. feeling shy that a child had such heartwarming feelings towards me, the sisterly ardour within me aroused. i took a huge inhale in before lunging myself towards anya, embracing and patting her head aggressively.

"ahh! you're so cute oh my god! you remind me of my little cousin who's now a grown up idiot. ah, so cute, so cute! ...do you want peanuts? i think there's some stored in my cabinet or something." aggression filled affection poured out off me but then realizing the pressure i placed on the little girl, i immediately withdrew and coughed to myself and tried to excuse myself before i crush her accidentally. the girl admiration soon distorted to horrification. she soon turned and stared at the tv screen, staring off at the news channel that spoke automatedly of political stuff.

third person's pov.

it's been a few hours after the forger couple left their child in the hands of y/n l/n. although horrified at the thought of getting crushed, both anya and y/n bonded quite well and played around. the pink haired child's admiration for the older female grew as the time went by, loving the presence of someone sister-like with her.